Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Dad leaves son in woods to become a man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this posted on another forum I'm on. Thought I'd pass it along and post it here for Yall.

Dad Leaves Son in Woods to Become a ‘Man.’ When Son Wakes Up He Can’t Believe Who’s Beside Him.

By Amanda Ghessie (January 23, 2016) | Religion
    Sometimes, the most effective way of teaching a lesson is to actually demonstrate what is meant to be learned.

This, a father knows.

According to Jack Speed’s Facebook post, a father takes his son into the forest for the purpose of making him a “man.”

The father blindfolds his son and explains what he must do:
    •He must sit on the stump for the whole night.
    •He cannot remove the blindfold until morning comes.
    •He cannot cry out for help to anyone.
    •He cannot tell the other boys about this because, “each lad must come into manhood on his own.”

Determined to become a man, the terrified boy spends the night in the dark forest, surrounded by unfamiliar and frightening sounds.

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, morning comes. When the boy takes off his blindfold he is shocked to see who is sitting next to him.

It is his father; he had spent the entire night on the stump beside him, ensuring that the boy was safe and protected.

Jack Speed explains that this story is true for all of those who believe.

“We, too, are never alone,” he says. “Even when we don’t know it, God is watching over us, Sitting on the stump beside us. When trouble comes, all we have to do is reach out to Him.”

This father’s lesson is a true testament of God’s love for his children— Even when you can’t see Him, He is there, making sure you are safe and protected.

“For we walk by faith, not by sight,” Jack Speed says.

That's a great story, and also a great idea! Reminds me of the footprints.

Comment

Pretty cool. I wasn't expecting the story to end like that. It's not very often a person is blindfolded in the woods and everything turns out fine.

Comment

Great story

Comment

Cool

Comment

Cool

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Comment

That is cool!!! But I did think a woman was going to be next to him.......lol.

Comment

Ain't gonna lie, as soon as daddy left I'm ripping off the blind fold and calling mama

Comment

Great story

Comment

I hate blindfolds

Comment

Great story. I heard this same story a couple years ago though...

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            That is cool!!! But I did think a woman was going to be next to him.......lol.
                            Haha that was my thought when I first saw the thread title.

Comment

Great story, thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X