Best .30 cal suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bermise View Post
    Yes I re-read where one guy mentioned no shift, but I didn't know they are titanium internals which I don't like. Their website states not to shoot more than 30 rounds at a time due to over heating.
    I'm not big on dedicated bolt gun cans.
    What would you need to shoot 25-30+ shots at?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      What would you need to shoot 25-30+ shots at?
      Terrorists?

I get what he is saying, but your point is valid. All of mine are full auto rated and I have never shot more than 5-10 shots without some sort of cool down.

I guess a lot of people like to do mag dumps. I would not necessarily judge a suppressor on the published rate of fire anyway. It just boils down to the materials that are used in the can, primarily the blast baffle.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
        Terrorists?

I get what he is saying, but your point is valid. All of mine are full auto rated and I have never shot more than 5-10 shots without some sort of cool down.

I guess a lot of people like to do mag dumps. I would not necessarily judge a suppressor on the published rate of fire anyway. It just boils down to the materials that are used in the can, primarily the blast baffle.
        The fact that they are full auto tells me it maybe a slightly better made can then non auto rated

Comment

Still waiting on my Sig SRD762-QD.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone used both an ultra 7 and a crux? Looking for a 30 cal can for longer range shooting, as well has hog hunting on my 6.8 AR.

Comment

My buddy uses a Crux and no complaints.... I need to finally make up my mind lol

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                Not to hijack the thread but has anyone used both an ultra 7 and a crux? Looking for a 30 cal can for longer range shooting, as well has hog hunting on my 6.8 AR.
                The TBAC Ultra 7 is known as one of the best cans on the market for POI repeatability. It's truly an excellent suppressor.

I would not even put the Crux in the same ball park. They're a no-name company compared to the Top 10 manufacturers. Very little data provided by the manufacturer on performance.

Suppressors are essentially a lifetime purchase. Go with a proven performer.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  The TBAC Ultra 7 is known as one of the best cans on the market for POI repeatability. It's truly an excellent suppressor.

I would not even put the Crux in the same ball park. They're a no-name company compared to the Top 10 manufacturers. Very little data provided by the manufacturer on performance.

And you are basing this on what?

Crux is well known to be very repeatable and low to no point shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    And you are basing this on what?

Crux is well known to be very repeatable and low to no point shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Love to hear and see the data....

It is like anything else, and biased and based on what each of yall like.

I did believe that CRUX is relatively a new company though

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Crux is well known to be very repeatable and low to no [POI] shift.
                      If they are so well known, you will not have a problem pointing us to this data and reputation.

Comment

Mirage ulr is a serviceable 30cal can they are out of Azle, Tx. I don't have one. It there's a guy at the range I go to that runs one on his 300 and it's very impressive.

Comment

If they are so well known, you will not have a problem pointing us to this data and reputation.
                          I don't have any data to point to. Nor do I care to get into a pissing match over it. But Crux makes some very good cans. TBAC is overpriced. They made a name by sponsoring a metric ton of PRS guys. They are good cans. But nothing special. I would not pay retail for one. I've shot a lot of them. Several friends are dealers and have every demo can they offer. Their demo prices are what their retail should be lol. Silencerco isn't what they once were. AAC is pretty well gone. Rugged is getting big. Crux. Lots of folks making new very good cans. I haven't kept up with them all enough to say what the best is. I haven't purchased a single NFA item since the new regs started. I'm in on a trust with a very close friend of mine and he ordered 2 of everything dead air makes LOL. I would take a very serious look at dead air. OP, if you are interested in hearing from them I can get you in touch with their Texas rep. He's a good friend of mine and I know the owners well. We have a few of their cans on my trust with me and my wife and brother. They perform great. I use my harvester and my specwar on everything for the most part. My specwar doesn't really come off my SBR gas guns. It's been beat to heck and does great. I need to order a sandman TI. The NFA market has done some crazy things in the last year. Whatever you buy I wish you luck. If you're ever in the Austin area I don't mind letting you try a couple of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            I don't have any data to point to. Nor do I care to get into a pissing match over it. But Crux makes some very good cans. TBAC is overpriced. They made a name by sponsoring a metric ton of PRS guys. They are good cans. But nothing special. I would not pay retail for one. I've shot a lot of them. Several friends are dealers and have every demo can they offer. Their demo prices are what their retail should be lol. Silencerco isn't what they once were. AAC is pretty well gone. Rugged is getting big. Crux. Lots of folks making new very good cans. I haven't kept up with them all enough to say what the best is. I haven't purchased a single NFA item since the new regs started. I'm in on a trust with a very close friend of mine and he ordered 2 of everything dead air makes LOL. I would take a very serious look at dead air. OP, if you are interested in hearing from them I can get you in touch with their Texas rep. He's a good friend of mine and I know the owners well. We have a few of their cans on my trust with me and my wife and brother. They perform great. I use my harvester and my specwar on everything for the most part. My specwar doesn't really come off my SBR gas guns. It's been beat to heck and does great. I need to order a sandman TI. The NFA market has done some crazy things in the last year. Whatever you buy I wish you luck. If you're ever in the Austin area I don't mind letting you try a couple of mine.
                            It sounds like you have a lot more exposure to and experience with those cans than I do. I agree that if the OP is willing to look at Dead Air that the Sandman line is worth a strong look. I just jumped on a LaRue Tranquilo and will be interested to see how it performs compared to the rest.

Comment

Report back on how that larue can performs. I haven't heard a word about them. Lots of Mark Larue haters abound haha

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                Report back on how that larue can performs. I haven't heard a word about them. Lots of Mark Larue haters abound haha
                                At $399 I couldn't say no. With any luck I'll shoot it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X