Strikes in Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    My point was that how do y'all know if he was successful in taking out the targets he intended to and if it was a complete waste of cash. You don't but want to speculate and say it was a complete failure when you really have no clue.

Twitter thingy....I'll leave that up to you seems more your style.
    Nope....don't have twitter, not my generation......TBH is plenty. Your ASSumptions are worse than the ones you claim i am making......"pot meet kettle".......LMAO.[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Nope....don't have twitter, not my generation......TBH is plenty. Your ASSumptions are worse than the ones you claim i am making......"pot meet kettle".......LMAO.[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      I just figured someone who uses KEWL and THINGY like a teenage girl would have twitter

Like I said you don't have a clue what went down and how successful the strikes were but want to act like they were a complete failure. Keep taking any chance you can to dog OUR president.
      Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 04-15-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I just figured someone who uses KEWL and THINGY like a teenage girl would have twitter

Like I said you don't have a clue what went down and how successful the stokes were but want to act like they were a complete failure. Keep taking any chance you can to dog OUR president.
        Arguing whether the strikes were successful in destroying the targets or not is a moot point, as it will have zero affect on the outcome of this war. If you measure success by the small picture standard of "did we hit the targets", then one might claim success. If you measure by the big picture standard of "did we do anything meaningful?", the answer at this point is no. You'll recall we launched a similar one day attack previously that did...nothing to stop Assad.

The problem with our policy is that the punishment we met out for crossing a "red line" is a slap on the wrist, not an ***-whipping. Assad and Russia remain undeterred. Unfortunately that policy is mostly shaped by Russian troops being in Syria. Going full out on Assad would likely end up killing Russians, raising tensions with Russia, and bring us to the brink of a real war. It's a ****ty situation for Trump to be in, so I understand why he doesn't push it further.

Given Trump's options, these small strikes are really all he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
          Arguing whether the strikes were successful in destroying the targets or not is a moot point, as it will have zero affect on the outcome of this war. If you measure success by the small picture standard of "did we hit the targets", then one might claim success. If you measure by the big picture standard of "did we do anything meaningful?", the answer at this point is no. You'll recall we launched a similar one day attack previously that did...nothing to stop Assad.

The problem with our policy is that the punishment we met out for crossing a "red line" is a slap on the wrist, not an ***-whipping. Assad and Russia remain undeterred. Unfortunately that policy is mostly shaped by Russian troops being in Syria. Going full out on Assad would likely end up killing Russians, raising tensions with Russia, and bring us to the brink of a real war. It's a ****ty situation for Trump to be in, so I understand why he doesn't push it further.

Given Trump's options, these small strikes are really all he can do.
          I agree with you on the *** whipping. Imo if we are going to do something go all out and finish the **** job. These little slaps on the hand only last for so long but I'm not going to go out and say they were a complete failure and millions were wasted in the effort. None of us know what was really accomplished with these strikes but I sure hope it got some kinda point across. Not saying I agree with the US getting involved either but if we are going to jump in do it full force and finish it before it ever gets started. My little brother got deployed a few weeks ago so stuff like this scares me more than it ever has before and hope it doesn't escalate.
          Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 04-15-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Like I said you don't have a clue what went down and how successful the strikes were but want to act like they were a complete failure. Keep taking any chance you can to dog OUR president.
            He's still upset Hillary did not win, thats right, he said he voted for Mickey Mouse, my mistake.

Comment

The message was pretty clear to Syria, Iran, Russia, and N Korea. There is a red line in the sand and it WILL be adhered to. Mission Accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                The message was pretty clear to Syria, Iran, Russia, and N Korea. There is a red line in the sand and it WILL be adhered to. Mission Accomplished.
                I think that's what some are overlooking here. Of course Trump mentioned doing "something" once they could confirm who was responsible. The entire world was looking at the US after the chemical attack, so something had to be said. As far as telling Russia exactly what targets would be hit, well, the liberal left has to have something to try and keep Trump and Putin colluding with each other, whether it's true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                  I think your first paragraph is misinformed speculation. Key players in the Democrat congressional leadership, along with some Republicans, made it pretty clear last week that they were opposed to Syria strikes without a new congressional authorization of force. That didn't happen, and the same Democrats and Republicans are now critical of the administration for not seeking a new congressional authorization of force. This may or may not be a misguided position that they took, but it is consistent.

I engage with political ideologues on both sides of the political spectrum. The CEP forum has an overwhelmingly conservative political bias, and so any centrist here is going to be drawn to engage in ideologically-biased posts from conservatives. I've not seen any liberal ideologues here to engage with. If you see one, PM me. Meanwhile, if you'd like to join me in engaging with Democrats in a liberal echo chamber, follow the forum at politicalwire.com.
                  Look...Try to think of it this way. All of the actions Trump has done since he took office, are any of them good? Did he manage to screw up every single thing he has done? If not, show us the list of democratic approved things Trump has done.

If you can't see Democrats 100% bash Trump then you're blind.

Comment

Working...
                  X