Easton Axis 340 or 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easton Axis 340 or 300

Shooting a Halon 6 at 70#. Currently shooting 340 spine.

The question is should I bump up in spine to 300, stick with 340, add a 50 grain brass insert or a combination. Love the arrow and will be upgrading to the match grade axis shafts. Just curious if I should make some minor adjustments. Thoughts?

Just a note - I like to shoot a 425-475 grain arrow.

Appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your draw length
    God Bless
    Bish

Comment

I also shoot Halon 6 at 52lbs but shoot 400, you shooting 70lbs sounds like 340's would be good choice, don't think could go wrong with either.

God Bless

Comment

Depending on the length of the arrow....would the additional weight up front make the spine too weak on the 340?

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
          What is your draw length

God Bless

Bish

29”

Comment

Originally posted by Pony1971 View Post
            Depending on the length of the arrow....would the additional weight up front make the spine too weak on the 340?

I’m right on the line between 340 and 300. Always liked shooting a heavier arrow.

Comment

I would recommend the 300 spine based off your setup.

Comment

What this guy said ^^^^

Comment

I had the same bow, same arrows and the same battle. I ended up going with the 300's.

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
                    I’m right on the line between 340 and 300. Always liked shooting a heavier arrow.

My advice is the same as above; go with the .300.

It is possible to tune an arrow that is slightly weak, but it is far easier to tune an arrow that is slightly stiff. Either way there is tuning involved.

Comment

300 all day

Comment

Glad you posted this, I have a different bow but same otherwise and was postulating the same question, think I will go with the 300s as well

Comment

Just got a new Triax and I’ve finally worked through this decision. Specs...29” dl and 70 pounds. After sone trial and error of shooting different arrows, I’ve finally decided on the Easton Axis Match Grade 300. They just shot better than the 340s for me. Highly recommend ordering them from South Shore Archery with Blazer at 3 degree right helical. He spine tests the arrows and aligns stiffest part of arrow with cock vane. I’m shooting better than I’ve ever shot and believe part of that should be credited to the arrows he built. I love the new Match grade Axis so far

Comment

Oh, and HIT insert, 3 blazer vanes, x nock, and 100 grain head cut at 28.5” carbon to carbon
                            Last edited by LetsGetBloody; 04-14-2018, 09:09 PM. Reason: Incomplete

Comment

Working...
                            X