NYC Sues Major Oil Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYC Sues Major Oil Companies

New York City filed a federal lawsuit against five major oil companies for their alleged role in climate change. The lawsuit seeks to recover billions of dollars to fund climate change resiliency measures, and the city claims it needs to protect the city and its residents from the impacts of climate...

"Court documents also allege that the defendants have produced more than 11 percent of the world’s carbon and methane pollution caused by industrial sources, since the start of the industrial revolution"

These lib states that have taxed their citizens to the point tens of thousands are leaving will do anything to make that money up. They tax sugar and tobacco ( sin tax) in the name of your health and apparently oil companies for non existent man made climate change myth.
    Pizz on liberals number 1
    Pizz on all politiction's number 2

Comment

And I can't wait to see those already in the hole pension funds fall even farther into the pits of hell after divesting in big bad fossile fuel.
      Going to be millions of retiree' s living in poverty

Comment

Oil companies should act responsible and not ship their product to New York City. Let's see how long they will/can go without oil.

Comment

Without the energy produced since the industrial revolution...where would NYC be..or the U.S. for that matter if these oil companies shut down immediately once realizing they were producing carbon emissions at that time?

Comment

As we said back in the 80's... let the *******s freeze in the dark!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              What 80's situation are you referencing?

Comment

The suit is blaming oil companies for damages starting 100 years ago. I hope the entire pension plan of NY crumbles and people blame that twit of a mayor for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  What 80's situation are you referencing?
                  Big market turndown in early '80's and NY and CA folks raisin' cane about gasoline and natural gas causing polution... Very popular bumper sticker back then said exactly that...

Comment

If you live long enough, you'll see it all again.

Circa 1978:

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bADTlEo0Y30"]The Folkel Minority-Freeze A Yankee.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

I need that as a bumper sticker. Thats awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure the 5 oil companies have deeper pockets than NYC,they'll go broke from extended litigation , while the lawyers fill their bank account.Amazing.

DJ

Comment

This is fantastic! There is no way NYC wins this suit and this crook of a mayor is going to sink his own people into poverty...

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                            This is fantastic! There is no way NYC wins this suit and this crook of a mayor is going to sink his own people into poverty...
                            Then they all move down here and complain about how hot it gets in the summer.

Sorry, New Yorkers, move along. Texas is full.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                              Then they all move down here and complain about how hot it gets in the summer.

Sorry, New Yorkers, move along. Texas is full.
                              agree!! I don't want any new yorkers or the limp wrist Californians moving here. I truly feel sorry for the people of upstate, they have to all be lumped in with that disgusting city...

Comment

Working...
                              X