Anderson County Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anderson County Pics

Shaping up to be a good season here. Thought I would share some pics like I always do.

Let this guy walk last year and he put on some good inches.

This guy was wounded by neighbor last year but rebounded well. He lost some time length, but seems to have put on some mass so should score about the same. We will see when he sheds.

Here is a buck I do not recognize, but he looks like a definite shooter to me.

Good first round of pics. I didn't get my camera up and running until last week, but it seems feeding year round has made a nice difference in buck appearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice deer!

Comment

Last years picture of that top buck in the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lies! There are no deer in Anderson County.

Great looking deer.

Comment

Nice bucks!

Comment

Very nice!

You sure the one you don't recognize isn't the same buck? I see similar eye guards, main beams and tines. Angle and rear view throws him off.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Very nice!

You sure the one you don't recognize isn't the same buck? I see similar eye guards, main beams and tines. Angle and rear view throws him off.
                We are sure. He's a lot bigger IMO, but the distance from brow time to G2 is the dead giveaway of a different buck.

Edit: Its so hard out here to follow certain bucks because the genetics are so similar. Last year I saw two bucks together and I couldn't make out one from the other. It's crazy. All our bucks have that same brow tine gene where the right brow is inch longer than the lef and both are short. Lots of identical deer out here.
                Last edited by coffmanbr1; 08-21-2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

looking good. You are seeing better bucks in your part of Anderson county that we are in ours. I wish we could develop deer like that (too many small properties and too much poaching around our place). Good luck this season!

Comment

Great bucks. I agree with Antlers86 - Pic 2 and 3 are the same buck. The camera angle makes it look otherwise IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                      We are sure. He's a lot bigger IMO, but the distance from brow time to G2 is the dead giveaway of a different buck.
                      That was my original thought of same buck with distance between tines very similar. His right eye guard is longer and curves back, tines have same curves, both pics show the same. The angle of his head looking up gives him a larger appearance.

Either way nice buck(s)! Shooter(s) for sure!

Maybe others will chime in and see what I see.

Good luck this season.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                        looking good. You are seeing better bucks in your part of Anderson county that we are in ours. I wish we could develop deer like that (too many small properties and too much poaching around our place). Good luck this season!
                        We are surrounded by trophy hunters except for one property that has kids who shoot anything with horns, but can't be mad at kids I'm all for it. Everyone else we talk and text back and forth about bucks and which ones should walk etc etc.

Gotta meet those neighbors and build relationships if you want to grow good deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          That was my original thought of same buck with distance between tines very similar. His right eye guard is longer and curves back, tines have same curves, both pics show the same. The angle of his head looking up gives him a larger appearance.

Either way nice buck(s)! Shooter(s) for sure!

Maybe others will chime in and see what I see.

Good luck this season.
                          You could be right. It was my original thought as well. I think the daylight can make them look bigger as well. I hope your wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                            You could be right. It was my original thought as well. I think the daylight can make them look bigger as well. I hope your wrong though
                            I hope I'm wrong! Having 2 like that around would be a dream! I would hate for you to be eating tag soup come January from holding off a shot on #1 buck waiting for #3.

Comment

That big on cam he is even more impressive in person! Come on Sept 30!

Comment

Working...
                              X