Does this look right???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this look right???

Got a new to me rifle in on a trade today. I mounted a new Vortex Viper HS LR, 4-16x50 on top, with High Vortex tactical rings.

Without the slip on / flip up scope cap, the scope doesn't touch the rail. With the cap on, there is contact. Is this an issue?

Do I need higher rings or a different mount? Also, the charging handle is way up under the eye piece. Does the scope need to be farther forward?

Excluding the Vortex jokes, is this ok? I'm wondering if its too much scope, as I had actually purchased it for a different rifle. Thanks!

I would remove the cover so you don't have contact but as far as the charging handle there should be no issue. Just need the scope mounted to fit your eye and face placement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You might take a razor knife to the cover. You do not want any contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
        I would remove the cover so you don't have contact but as far as the charging handle there should be no issue. Just need the scope mounted to fit your eye and face placement.

Agree on both accounts.

An extended charging handle is cheap, easy to install and will make it much easier to charge with the scope.

Comment

Put a riser on your rail and the scope on the riser. All my ARs are set up like that. If you can't reach your charging handle, put an extended one on.

Comment

Can you see through the scope with it mounted so low?

Comment

I would replace the rings with a 1 piece mount like a Burris PEPR.

Just get a charging handle with an extended latch on it. Most if not all of my scopes line up with the back of the castle nut like yours does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I would replace the rings with a 1 piece mount like a Burris PEPR.

Just get a charging handle with an extended latch on it. Most if not all of my scopes line up with the back of the castle nut like yours does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Mike D is dead on - get a cantilever mount of some sort, rings are no good on a flat top AR.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                  Can you see through the scope with it mounted so low?
                  I have problems seeing through my scope when just using rings.

Comment

Nikon P series rings are pretty nice/cheap rings for ars

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post

Yup. The bikini cover may be the perfect solution to your problem.

Comment

If you are set on using rings I would try some Burris extra high rings.

Comment

Quit puttin rings on your ar's people

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                            Quit puttin rings on your ar's people
                            Why

Comment

Primary arms has the Aero Precision mount for $70.

Comment

Working...
                              X