Sportsmanship Award 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sportsmanship Award 2011

ASA started a sportsmanship award a couple of years ago to recognize outstanding examples of sportsmanship and to promote good sportsmanship.

Anyone can be nominated, as long as they are an ASA member. They do not have to attend the Pro-Ams or even the qualifiers, but they do have to promote sportsmanship - the spirit of competition.

Here's a link for more information:

You do not have to completely fill out the form, but we need enough information to make a decision. They must be an ASA member and you must demonstrate with specific examples of why you think they've earned this award.

This year, ASA will award a Sportsman from each state and from that pool, the sportsmanship of the year will be selected by the national committee. This is an amateur only award - so no pros.

A true sportsman is someone who competes in the sport and promotes the spirit of competition above the drive to win.

Integrity, honestly, attitude are all key.

If you know of someone, please nomintate them for this prestigous award.

slam dunk

Click image for larger version

Name:	mo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	23996001

Comment

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
      slam dunk

[ATTACH]244891[/ATTACH]

Comment

Uhhhhhh yeah!!!

Comment

Nominate someone!!

I am sure every club has one or two people that are good candidates for this award. The person doesn't have to win all the time, as a matter of fact it is better if they don't because when you win it is easy to have a good attitude around everyone!

What the Sportsmanship committee looks for is a person who promotes archery through the spirit of competition. Typically, that person will be someone everyone likes to shoot with because they are fun to be around and fair to their fellow competitors. They will be the kind of person you would want to put a new shooter with because you know they will have a good time and more importantly come back to shoot again.

We have had people nominated because they did a lot to promote archery through helping kids or new people and donated a lot of time, but ended up not being the ideal candidate because they did not compete or competed very little. In other words it is not about what that person has achieved in promoting archery. However, volunteering time to help others is a quality we look at to decide between two candidates.

The best way to sum it up is how a person makes his fellow competitors feel on the range.

Side note- ASA directors, reps and Sportsmanship committee people are ineligible, so you can't nominate Mike or Tracy Smith, the regional reps, Tracey, or myself.

Comment

PS- you can get the nomination form from the ASA website.
            A person cannot campaign for this award either!

Comment

I know several clubs have several people that should be recognized! I can think of two people at every east region club.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol View Post
                i know several clubs have several people that should be recognized! I can think of two people at every east region club.
                yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                  I know several clubs have several people that should be recognized! I can think of two people at every east region club.
                  yep,i think i know whoM you are Talking about!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                    ....Side note- ASA directors, reps and Sportsmanship committee people are ineligible, so you can't nominate Mike or Tracy Smith, the regional reps, Tracey, or myself.
                    Nor can we nominate anyone, so this has to come from fellow competitors.

Comment

And it is for an individual. Couples or families can be nominated only if there are some really special circumstances.

Comment

ttt

Comment

AFC Paris has several, where to start.................

Comment

I kow dat feller ? He owes me a cheeseburger
                            Last edited by APEX127; 06-16-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by APEX127 View Post
                              I kow dat feller ? He owes me a cheeseburger
                              You'll probably have to settle for Chicken Express

Comment

Working...
                              X