Best protein Pellet or mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best protein Pellet or mix?

Whats the best protein pellet or mix to feed out of a protein feeder. Thats easy to come by at a normal feed store, also for the best price. Any opinions or facts?

You may want to try several to see which one they like more. We started ours out with antler max and they didn't seem to like it, so we switched to a different brand. They tore it up and have ever since, it is out of Martindale Feed Mill and is 16%. Don't let anyone tell you that all protein pellets are the same, because they aren't.

Comment

X2 on what they like. Its amazing how county to county you hear what deer will and wont eat as far as brands. 16% they eat is way better than 22% they wont touch.

Comment

I use antler max 16% and the deer like it. Took them about a month of mixing with corn before they started hitting good but now they cant get enough as of last month they could not get enough. Might have to start the hole process over again come Jan. we start up with the protein again.

Comment

Really it all depends on what they like the best. While not all brands are created equal finding one that they will eat is very important. While I THINK my deer prefer Antlermax I am hoping to do a side my side consumption test this spring. Looking to put two 2k identical free choice feeders within 15 yards of each other and then watch to see which one they hit harder. The two brands I will use are Record Rack and Antlermax. Truthfully I am almost hoping they prefer the RR because the feed store that carries it is 25 miles closer.

Comment

Some one who grows big bucks will post soon. Some of the guys on here have been doing it for years and have the BIG bucks to show you.

Comment

Use the cheapest thing that they will eat. Where do you hunt? If you are west of the metroplex around Ranger, Eastland, Cisco, Brownwood, etc., try Gorman Milling in Gormans. 17% protein, 50lb. is $7.85/bag. 22% protein is about $.85 a bag more.

Comment

I use 20% Antlermax. The deer in my area seem to love it and it's working.

Comment

Record Rack here and they love it! tried cheaper stuff and didnt eat as much

Comment

Originally posted by Michael David View Post
                    Some one who grows big bucks will post soon. Some of the guys on here have been doing it for years and have the BIG bucks to show you.
                    Thanks guys for the suggestions I will try record rack and antlermax. If anyone else has any other protein for growing big antlers please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X