Jerky Slicing Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerky Slicing Box

Anybody ever use one of these? I am thinking of getting one. They make them in Wood, also, but the stainless would be easier to clean.

Check out our Sausage Maker Jerky Slicing Tray with Jerky Knife Model# (32025). We pride ourselves in bringing the best products to you.

I use an inexpensive meat slicer, you know like in a Deli, but made of plastic. Get the meat about half froze so it is firm, dial the thinkness I want and turn it on. Does a great job
    Attached Files

Comment

hoot owl fan .... happy holidays amigo

ditto Mr David's recommendation

before i spend $50 on the hand held slicer you referenced, I'd buy this one for $89

that way you can slice jerkey, cheese, bread, meats, pork roast, etc....

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAA#ps-sellers

Comment

Back at ya, Blake. I just don't want another large utensil to have to store for use only once or twice a year. I don't make a whole lot of jerky and usually just slice it like fileting. Thus far, I have escaped slicing my hand. The box seems like a good idea for manually slicing them evenly.

Comment

Originally posted by Berandel View Post
          Back at ya, Blake. I just don't want another large utensil to have to store for use only once or twice a year. I don't make a whole lot of jerky and usually just slice it like fileting. Thus far, I have escaped slicing my hand. The box seems like a good idea for manually slicing them evenly.
          The slicer I have folds up and the slide come off, it isn't very big at all and I have had mine for about 12 years. As we speak it is making its rounds with friends looking to do jerky

Comment

Ditto on the deli slicer and half freezing the meat and cutting with the grain in PERFECT 1/4" slices. Ultimate jerky. It really does make a huge difference. I know it's another appliance to store but once you have it you will be surprised how much you use it. You can pay for it just buying good cheese in bulk and slicing it yourself instead of buying pre-sliced.

Comment

Originally posted by Berandel View Post
              You can do it without a box. Get a couple dowels the thickness of the cut you want to make. Lay them on your cutting board on either side of the meat and make the cut with the flat of the knife laying on the dowels.

Comment

Good idea TXJon. What size rods would you recomend?

Comment

Originally posted by mnsmokepole View Post
                  Good idea TXJon. What size rods would you recomend?
                  I don't know, how thick do you like your jerky? I'd probably use 1/4".

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                    You can do it without a box. Get a couple dowels the thickness of the cut you want to make. Lay them on your cutting board on either side of the meat and make the cut with the flat of the knife laying on the dowels.

Excllent idea. Thanks.

Comment

I use the stamp method I built myself. I took 1" steel plate cut it curicular round of 3" dia and welded a sucker rod end as a handle then I cut a 12"x12"x1" steel square to use as a base. Next I cut a ziploc bag three sides place a piece of venison between the bag and stamp it like a chicken fried steak then I season it and hang to dry.

Comment

coon, I can't visualize your description. Got any pictures?

Are you talking 1 inch thick metal, 12" x 12" square? That has got to be heavy.

Comment

berandel yes its 3"x1" metal flat round and the 12x12 is the base you don't pick that up I will try to post pic's tomarrow

Comment

Ok. You must mean it's like a mallet that you pound the meat on the base? I think I got it now.

Comment

xactly

Comment

Working...
                              X