No announcement yet.

Perre David Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shootin. That's a fine looking animal. Congrats.

Comment

congrats on the kill!

Comment

Cool looking deer for sure.

Comment

Sweet.
          I saw a Dirty Jobs episode where Mike was trying to help tranquilize those guys to transport (or something).
          Congrats.

Comment

Congrats! They are awesome animals!

My wife got one with her crossbow (her first archery kill) a few years ago. It was in velvet and we had the antlers freeze dried before mounting him. They make a very impressive mount!

Comment

Nice animal....Congrats!

Comment

They do make a cool mount. We had a customer kill a big one last year and it turned out really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                  Nice Animal, I have never heard of those before, what are the differences and sims? How do they taste? Congrats on a great shot.
                  Taste like chicken fried rice.

Jk, they are actually pretty good. I took the backstraps off of a cow that I killed and stuffed them with shrimp, it was great. Lots of meat there.

Comment

Congrats!

They are loosely in the Elk/Red deer family, but are a very primitive version.

Comment

Cool trophy! Pere Davids have been wiped out in their native homeland of China, existing only in zoos and on ranches. Named for a French Missionary.

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                          Wow that's a new one on me! he's cool looking. Congrats.
                          Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                          Nice Animal, I have never heard of those before, what are the differences and sims? How do they taste? Congrats on a great shot.
                          X2 for me....Curious to see what the review is on the taste as well

Comment

Taste is kinda like red deer. Though not quite as dark.

If you're lookin for meat, there should be some deals out there for cows these days. They eat a TON for their size, and many folks I know are trying to scale back on them due to this drought.

Comment

[QUOTE=Txnrog;3897074]Taste is kinda like red deer. Though not quite as dark.

If you're lookin for meat, there should be some deals out there for cows these days. They eat a TON for their size, and many folks I know are trying to scale back on them due to this drought.[/QUOTE]

That is something that I may be interested in, if it was reasonable!! Just never heard of them before.

Comment

Very Cool! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X