No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they sign him to a long term extension. I doubt they will be able to sign Correa when he comes up in 2022. He will get huge money, that the Astros won't consider. So the next 3 or 4 years could be great with the core 4.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Possible boras was/is chirping in his ear... guys a scumbag.. and the reason beer is $13
      Truth.

Comment

I don't care about the details at this point. I just wanted them to win it all one time while I was still walking this Earth.

Anything beyond that is gravy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
          I don't care about the details at this point. I just wanted them to win it all one time while I was still walking this Earth.

Anything beyond that is gravy for me.
          I feel the same way. I wanted it once in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
            I hope they sign him to a long term extension. I doubt they will be able to sign Correa when he comes up in 2022. He will get huge money, that the Astros won't consider. So the next 3 or 4 years could be great with the core 4.
            Correa will be the first half a million dollar player.... but probably not for the Astros.
            A lot can change in a few years though..

Comment

1) I dislike agents. Agreed guys like that are why beer is $13.
              2) The beauty (but also ugly side) is that the Astros CAN pay for anyone if they want to. Maybe Crane won't be greedy and will realize he is printing money.
              3) I wish they would get with the core 4 (and others) without the agents in the room and discuss them all playing for a bit of a discount to try and build a dynasty. If they were to stay together and win a couple of more World Series, they will then have life long earning power, vs. just a big contract. There is something to be said for staying in the same city and becoming a powerhouse. The business opportunities would be endless if you are smart.
              4) Is there any way you can sign a contract that gives you a % of the team?? Imagine these guys signing for little money up front, but they get a % of the team on the back end. Talk about incentive to play! I know it is a bit hair brained of an idea, and Crane would probably never give up power. But man, teach these guys about business and being owners. You set them up to be powerhouses their entire lives....

Comment

correa will be the first half a billion dollar player.... But probably not for the astros.
                A lot can change in a few years though..
                fify. I envisioned Dr. Evil when I read that. LOL!

Good for him when that happens. We will have him for 4 more seasons, then he will wear pin stripes. Can't keep them all.

But hey, 2017 WS Champions!
                Last edited by Jamesl; 11-04-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Yup slight typo

Comment

I was a Colt 45 little leaguer back in the early sixties. Went to a game and Sandy Koufax and the Dodgers were in Town. I got an autographed ball from Koufax lost it about a week later. Really awesome to see the Astros bring home a Championship!
                    Last edited by Mertzon Man; 11-04-2017, 07:41 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Think Jose might be a little drained... he doesn't do the adolation thing much.. pretty reserved guy from what I've seen/read/heard from my boy...... which is A LOT since he's my boy's baseball hero..
                      You sure?
                      Verlsnder makes $28M for showing up to what 35 games?
                      Altuve is going to get 6.5M for playing in all 162

I'd bet you Altuve sold more than 6.5M in merch in the last two weeks alone!

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        You sure?
                        Verlsnder makes $28M for showing up to what 35 games?
                        Altuve is going to get 6.5M for playing in all 162

I'd bet you Altuve sold more than 6.5M in merch in the last two weeks alone!
                        Great pitchers get paid like quarterbacks. Nothing new.

Comment

Something bout this...just feels right.
                          Former teammates. Good to see together again.

Comment

We freaking won the World Series...

Comment

Possible boras was/is chirping in his ear... guys a scumbag.. and the reason beer is $13
                              If you disagree with the price of beer, that should always be voiced with the Owners of the team and stadium. They signed the vendors and approved the pricing that is included in each proposal. Aramark is filling pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                                I was a Colt 45 little leaguer back in the early sixties. Went to a game and Sandy Koufax and the Dodgers were in Town. I got an autographed ball from Koufax lost it about a week later. Really awesome to see the Astros bring home a Championship!
                                That is cool!! We may have been at the same game!! Our Little League team came to Houston from Lufkin to watch the Colt 45's play the Dodgers and Koufax! I remember it like it was yesterday. I still have one of those little mini-bats I got that day with the '45's logo on it...

Comment

Working...
                                X