No announcement yet.

High Performance Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The top end is all good stuff. I prefer outer and rain gear from Sitka just because the fit is worth the extra money to me. I also shopped it and bought all my pieces 20-40% off so it made it pretty close in price anyway. For pants Marmot Scree is a great alternative and what I’m using for my Sheep hunt

Comment

First lite, Sitka, can't go wrong with either. I find very little in the stores to try on, but I know First Lite has free returns and exchanges, and also gives back 3% to public lands of everything they sell. I think Sitka does the same. Both companies are great stewards of our public lands.

Comment

Kuiu. If they made a formal outfit, I'd wear it to work! The pants are very comfortable.

Comment

Ok, first lite boxers, socks, llano or wilkin and Chama.

Sitka, mountain pant and heavy core hoody and kelvin insulation

KUIU, Yukon rain gear top and bottom.

I have turned completely to First Lite, but that is because of their public lands stance and how much they help out BHA. But you can’t go wrong with any of these brands. I still remember buying all new Microtex button up shirt and cargo pants from Cabelas. They were the best of the best, besides king of the mountain wool. It’s amazing how many choices we have now.

QUOTE=CAH2873;13149160]I have an Alaskan hunt coming up soon and was wondering some opinions on the brand of clothing needed. I will be bowhunting, the temperature is suppose to vary from 20° - 70°F with possibility of high winds and daily rain showers. The hunt will be in late may with melting snow and etc. With this being said, I am looking at Sitka gear, Kuiu, and some other name brand clothing. They are expensive, but are they worth it? I live in East Texas and leaving in hot humid May to go hunt in the cold climate of Alaska, I want to be warm but able to move around. We will be stalking and moving quite a bit. Any opinions or personal experiences?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by CAH2873 View Post
            I have an Alaskan hunt coming up soon and was wondering some opinions on the brand of clothing needed. I will be bowhunting, the temperature is suppose to vary from 20° - 70°F with possibility of high winds and daily rain showers. The hunt will be in late may with melting snow and etc. With this being said, I am looking at Sitka gear, Kuiu, and some other name brand clothing. They are expensive, but are they worth it? I live in East Texas and leaving in hot humid May to go hunt in the cold climate of Alaska, I want to be warm but able to move around. We will be stalking and moving quite a bit. Any opinions or personal experiences?
            Good cold weather gear is expensive. And those dollars you'd "save" buying cheaper stuff wont keep you warm when it counts.

Comment

Kuiu has their jackets 15% off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just spent another $500+ with Kuiu for a rain jacket and insulated jacket.

Comment

The Yukon rain jacket and insulated hunting jacket came today. I ordered XL and both were too tight. I need to return for XXL. I read the Kuiu gear is cut small. Looks really well designed.

Comment

I hunted caribou last year in my Cabela's whitetail gear. My buddy had Sitka clothes. I've been stocking up on Sitka ever since, he fared a lot better than me. If you join the Sitka Buy Sell, Trade Facebook group and watch eBay you can get it 40-50% off. I went to Cabela's to check it out and confirm my sizes and have been getting it from those sites since. Have a pretty good collection built up already. Also, get good rain gear, it is expensive but will be worth it. Out of curiosity, what are you hunting?

Comment

Those conditions make it tough to prepare for, especially if you’re trying to go lightweight. Even worse is the fact that you’re likely to go from hiking to sitting still and glassing. It’s almost exactly the same as the elk hunt I’m preparing for this September.

You don’t need to buy from hunting brands, but I would invest in good quality stuff. If you’ve ever been wet and cold for an extended period of time and unable to warm up, you’d gladly pay $500 on the spot for a jacket that will make it stop.

I like KUIU’s stuff and plan to wear their zip off merino bottoms with their Attack pants, then a smart wool top, fleece jacket, and a super down puffy for stopping and glassing.

If you expect occasional rain showers, their Ultra NX Jacket is awesome, and super light and compact. Their Chugach line is more like standard rain gear, and the Yukon line is designed for trips with extended rain, busting brush, etc.

Comment

The exchanged Kuiu came. Nice and fits. I’m 5-11 and 220, I wear Kuiu’s size XXL.

Comment

Working...
                        X