Elite Answer vs Heli-M???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite Answer vs Heli-M???

I am looking at a new bow. right now its between an Elite Answer (which I haven't shot) and the Mathews Heli-M.

the Mathews shot well at the range. It had an easy draw but I wasn't crazy about it. Its a little slow.

The only Elite Answers I can find are up at Jerry's about 4 hours away.

Does anybody here have the Answer? how is it?

the only other I was considering was the Insanity

I haven't shot an elite, but I like the transferable lifetime warranty for resale purposes.

Comment

I have shot both of them and if I had the money it would be the Answer all the way.

Comment

You can thank me later, go shoot the Bear Carnage. I shot the HeliM, Insanity and 2 bows from Elite, there's no comparison. It's fast (345IBO), quiet, and literally shock free. I am blown away.

I'm a Hoyt guy, so I went in wanting a Carbon Matrix, didn't care for it at all. Decided my second option was a Mathews, LOVED the HeliM! Smooth, very smooth, and quiet too. Then I shot the Destroyer 350 and thought, "This is the bow for me..." I like a draw cycle that loads up on the front then is smooth all the way back, that's what D350 and Carnage are like. After shooting them side by side for about 30 mins, put the Carnage on layaway lol. If you'd have asked me a month ago what I thought about Bear I'd have told you they're garbage. They have done a complete 180 and I'll say this, with how smooth, quiet and fast the Carnage is, it's the best hunting bow made yet

I know that's a BOLD statement, but if you shoot one, you'll agree. There are a few that are faster but not by more than 5 fps and a whole lot more handshock, vibration and kick, not to mention noise. Bear knocked one out of the park with this bow.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfM7x7ZEmw0&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2011 Bow review: Bear Archery Carnage - YouTube[/ame]
        Last edited by Daniel75; 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
          You can thank me later, go shoot the Bear Carnage. I shot the HeliM, Insanity and 2 bows from Elite, there's no comparison. It's fast (345IBO), quiet, and literally shock free. I am blown away.

I'm a Hoyt guy, so I went in wanting a Carbon Matrix, didn't care for it at all. Decided my second option was a Mathews, LOVED the HeliM! Smooth, very smooth, and quiet too. Then I shot the Destroyer 350 and thought, "This is the bow for me..." I like a draw cycle that loads up on the front then is smooth all the way back, that's what D350 and Carnage are like. After shooting them side by side for about 30 mins, put the Carnage on layaway lol. If you'd have asked me a month ago what I thought about Bear I'd have told you they're garbage. They have done a complete 180 and I'll say this, with how smooth, quiet and fast the Carnage is, it's the best hunting bow made yet

I know that's a BOLD statement, but if you shoot one, you'll agree. There are a few that are faster but not by more than 5 fps and a whole lot more handshock, vibration and kick, not to mention noise. Bear knocked one out of the park with this bow.

2011 Bow review: Bear Archery Carnage - YouTube
          Interesting..will have to shoot it Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunterBall View Post
            Interesting..will have to shoot it Saturday
            Please let me know what you think. If you don't walk out of there with it, I'll be surprised.

Just FYI, not trying to hijack the thread, just had experience shooting both bows mentioned and thought I'd give my take. Of the two you mentioned, if I had to chose one of them, I'd go with the HeliM....I liked it a lot better than the Elite bows. The grip on the HeliM is the best grip I've ever put in my hand, it's excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
              I am looking at a new bow. right now its between an Elite Answer (which I haven't shot) and the Mathews Heli-M.

the Mathews shot well at the range. It had an easy draw but I wasn't crazy about it. Its a little slow.

The only Elite Answers I can find are up at Jerry's about 4 hours away.

Does anybody here have the Answer? how is it?

the only other I was considering was the Insanity
              Answer if it were me. I did not like the helium one bit.

Comment

Answer for me and I have shot both...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Answer for me and I have shot both...
                  Helim is to short, too light and too slow for my taste. My biggest issue is the weight. It feels nice when you pic it up. But i shot 3-D for years. Side winds blow a lighter bow around to much for my personal taste.

Comment

Kewl ! thanks guys

anybody shoot the Bowtech Insanity
                    scary fast bust the speed and brace height worry me

Comment

Kewl ! thanks guys

It will shock you as far as lack of what ur worried about. I just dont like short bows myself. Out of all the bows mentioned on this thread. If i had to choose it would be the Insanity.

Comment

Kewl ! thanks guys

I didn't like the draw cycle. Yes it's scary fast.

Comment

To me, the insanity drew just like the destroyer......

Comment

I'm new to the archery game, but I shot the Insanity, Heli-M, Invasion, Carbon Element, Quest Primal, Vector 32 and 35 and Carnage.

I chose the Vector 35 then bought a Maxxis 35 from a TBH'r

The Heli-M had NO valley at all. It just didn't feel comfortable, and the Insanity was too aggressive for me. But a aggressive as the Insanity was, if my only choices were it and the Heli-M, I would have chosen the Insanity. Intersetingly enough I loved the Quest Primal, I liked it alot. Just didn't want to buy it from a box store.

Never shot an Answer, have no opinion on that.

Comment

For me it came down to the answer or the insanity... I came home with the answer and couldn't be more pleased.

Comment

Working...
                              X