Houston ? Bellaire & 99 hf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston ? Bellaire & 99 hf

Anyone else seen the high fenced area in that corner of the world at the Bellaire and 99 Grand Parkway area?

I've been driving by lately and thought it was just high fenced to keep people off the land because it's surrounded by neighborhoods - yesterday I saw several deer coming out to feed when I was leaving around 5p.m and got to wondering if they are keeping deer on the place or what....maybe a high fenced ranch in the middle of suburbia - that could be fun!

I have wondered and had the same thoughts. I drive by it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I have wondered and had the same thoughts. I drive by it all the time.
      Looks like there could be a house in the middle of the property via google maps and that's a pretty good bit of land for that area with all the construction around it.

Comment

I think, and I could be wrong, its a nature preserve. The same setup is just off of 290, about 5 miles outside of Grand Parkway. Not sure if you can tour, or stop and get information off one of the signs. They usually have websites.

And yes, I have seen some monster bucks in both area's.

Comment

I know they have big no trespassing signs at all entrances. The field along Bellaire is full of dove every time I drive by.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
            Anyone else seen the high fenced area in that corner of the world at the Bellaire and 99 Grand Parkway area?

I've been driving by lately and thought it was just high fenced to keep people off the land because it's surrounded by neighborhoods - yesterday I saw several deer coming out to feed when I was leaving around 5p.m and got to wondering if they are keeping deer on the place or what....maybe a high fenced ranch in the middle of suburbia - that could be fun!

You mean that could be expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive past it twice a day always see deer on the powerline.

Comment

I've lived in katy/fulshear for 8 years and haven't been able to find anything out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think that is part of the Harrison family's holdings

Comment

Funny you posted this today. Been driving by it for 2 years, and in fact today, I saw a doe feeding along the fence line. I have always wondered the same

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                      Funny you posted this today. Been driving by it for 2 years, and in fact today, I saw a doe feeding along the fence line. I have always wondered the same
                      Had you seen deer before...oh, and was this the pair you saw!? haaaa - we must have been driving through at the same time.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                        Heard the same thing before. I met a guy who used to live in a subdivision called Westpark Lakes that backed up to that ranch before they high fenced it, and before Lakes of Bella Terra, the Walmart and other subdivisions went in. He said he was granted permission by the landowners to bow hunt it. Said he killed several huge hogs and good bucks. He stated he had the Ft. Bend County SO deputies question him while walking down the street to/from his house to the land in full camouflage and carrying his bow. Said he had to confirm he had permission to hunt, and they cut him loose.

Think I heard the landowner, or at least a family member, was killed by a bee attack while out mowing on his tractor several years ago. I have noticed the same type of high fences on properties just west of there along FM 723 and also along FM 359, south of FM 1093. Not sure if they are part of the same family's holdings, or just fencing used to keep people out due to all of the new neighborhoods popping up all around the area. I figure kids and adults both would love the opportunity to ride ATVs,, dirt bikes, and go "mudding" in their lifted 4x4s. If the family is still using it as a working ranch, I can't blame them for wanting to make sure their land is preserved and cattle aren't harassed.

I remember the unfenced land just north of I-10 between Mason Rd and 99, and how scarred up that property was in places because of all the kids taking their lifted 4x4s off road, and getting stuck, and having to get pulled out.
                        Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 06-23-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Several years ago there was a sign on the property for a breeder. The signs were along Bellaire going through Bella Terra. I think now their signs are on 723 past the high school in one of those business/storage areas. Not sure if it is still owned by them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                            Had you seen deer before...oh, and was this the pair you saw!? haaaa - we must have been driving through at the same time.
                            Very possible that's about how far she was from the fence. I believe it was just past 4 when I came through

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                              this

Comment

Working...
                              X