Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobcat the same field as the photo I took of deer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobcat the same field as the photo I took of deer.

This video was from the road just like the photo I took in the exact same spot. Private land right next too area 53 LBJ Grasslands at 3:45 pm afternon.

Click the video here to watch it

Imagine that,
    Tool Master

WOW that was awseome..Thanks for sharing...Brian

Comment

thats cool how big were the tracks,i think i have some kind of cat tracks behind my house,no exsposed claws in the tracks but there preaty big to be a bobcat i think

Comment

Very nice indeed.

Comment

Bobcats are kool criiters....Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow. How many bobcats can you take in Texas?

Comment

Unlimited, I believe, they are considered varmits, same as coyotes. Isn't that right fellas. Rick

Comment

Varmits are legal year round no bag limit Bobcats are varmits.

Originally posted by Rickzilla4645 View Post
                Unlimited, I believe, they are considered varmits, same as coyotes. Isn't that right fellas. Rick
                I was in a college class two years ago and we studying habitat and conservation. They had a video of mountain lions and people in California and she said it was a protected species. I said hold on there. In Texas a panther was a 500.00 bounty in Winters, Texas 4 years ago posted at the feed store.

She said ringtail cats were too and again I said they are every where in West Texas.

Right Now in Texas we are overrun with Bobcats and especially Coyote.

I've seen 3 coyote in the last month in Dallas City not suburbs. They are living in the creeks in the city.

My friend took a photo of a coyote on his front porch eating out of the cat dish they had out for ferrel cats. The coyote ambushed a cat in his front yard and tore it to pieces bye bye kitty.

Tool Master
                Last edited by Tool Master; 01-05-2007, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I line right here in town in Burleson. One night about 3AM all the neibors dogs startd barking. I went out the front door and there was a yote running acroos my fornt yard. It run up the street then trunned around and ran back down the othere side. I have seen them in the early AM on the freinges of town on the side streets and in peoples yards, Especilly on trash day.

Comment

Thats cool why didn't you shoot him?

Comment

nice i would love to poke on and full body him swating a quail or grouse

Comment

Now that's a nice look'n cat!

Comment

Couldn't not on public land.

Originally posted by YoungCountyBowHunter View Post
                          Thats cool why didn't you shoot him?
                          I was in my truck on the road at Decatur Grasslands. The bobcat was on private land. I think he was mocking me.

Tool

Comment

Heck from some of the stories I hear from strangers out there, everyone shoots from the road every now and then. Some guy, not knowing me at all told me of a buck he took last season driving down the road, as the buck ran along side his truck, he pulled out his .50 cal. and shot it.

I hear these stories all the time. I have seen several van's and oil company vehicles out there driving around the loop of unit 30, very very slow looking in the woods with flash lights. I guess they must have lost their car keys and looking for them?

Nice Bobcat, would have loved seeing it on the grasslands. I shot one out there a couple of years back over by unit 28. I was hunting a creek line and he came right down the creek with in a few yards of me. So I took him with turkey shot. I never knew a cat could stinkc sooooooooo bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X