Painted bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted bow

I've searched on here and probly not typing it right but couldn't find anything. Does any one know or have they ever painted a compound bow. I really wanted a blacked out bow when I bought my Hoyt 3 years ago, but the bow I bought was camo. I know it's silly but I'd really like my bow to be all black. If its not safe or too difficult ill just leave it alone. Thanks for any input.

Im curious about this too....Id like to paint my Diamond's riser black and leave the limbs camo......I'm tuned in on this one.

Comment

I know it can be dipped, regular paint will crack and flake off.

I pulled this guys number off tbh about a year ago, they said he dips bow but I never called because I bought a new bow. (830) 275-2913 his name is miles. Give him a ring, his price was cheap.

Comment

simsknives did a diy on painting a bowfishing bow. should be in here somewhere.

Comment

Just look up "swirling" or how to "swirl" paint on you tube and, instead of adding different colors, just dip in black.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Here is what you need. Very reasonable and easy to do. Have some great patterns and real durable. I've done two selfbows with this product and it works great. I really like the black carbon. Best of luck and hope it helps. http://www.camodipkit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stick-um View Post
                Here is what you need. Very reasonable and easy to do. Have some great patterns and real durable. I've done two selfbows with this product and it works great. I really like the black carbon. Best of luck and hope it helps. http://www.camodipkit.com/
                I used this to do the camo on my bow. Not blacked out but if you follow instruction, should be easy to do.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10196.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	24146135

Name:	SDC10195.jpg
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	24146136

I powder coated the riser and cam using an airless powder coating gun from craftsman and baking it in a regular kitchen oven.

Name:	SDC10194.jpg
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	24146137

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio_III View Post
                  I used this to do the camo on my bow. Not blacked out but if you follow instruction, should be easy to do.
                  [ATTACH]427384[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]427385[/ATTACH]

I powder coated the riser and cam using an airless powder coating gun from craftsman and baking it in a regular kitchen oven.
                  [ATTACH]427386[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps.
                  That is freakin sweet!!

Comment

shoot that camo dip looks awesome but a little pricey

Comment

Sergio.....that bow is SWEET looking man

Comment

Powder coat it. You can powder coat it for about $50. I did a PSE riser like this once. It looked great.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                          shoot that camo dip looks awesome but a little pricey
                          With the kit I did my bow, 3 game cams 2 stabilizers and some small stuff and there still enough to dip everything once again.

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
                          Sergio.....that bow is SWEET looking man
                          Thanks. Was looking for something different.

Comment

Working...
                          X