Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Self Dog Gravity Feed (lab proof hopefully)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my only suggestion would be to raise it up a little. I have Great Danes, but I also feed my lab in a raised bowl, seems he likes it as much as they do. I have heard over time the bending could cause arthritis in larger breeds.

Comment

My B-I-L had an ant-proof food bowl for his dog. Essentially, it had two bowls stacked with a centerpole connecting them. You'd fill the bottom reservoir with water and put the food in the top. Ants would have to swim to the centerpole before they could climb up to the food.

I would think you could use this concept to make this one ant-proof if necessary.

Comment

Great idea, would be great to use on occasional weekends that we were out of town and had to leave the dog at home. Ants would wear me out at my place if I used it on a daily basis, but again it would be great for occasional use. Gonna have to rig one up, thanks for the idea.

Comment

thats a good idea, but i would have to fill mine 3 times a day for my fat girl.

Comment

hahaha great work

Comment

Nice! I like it.

Comment

I made one out of a 4 or 5in PVC pipe, its just like what folks use for a pipe gravity feeder, strapped it to a post and it works great! Perfect size for my Heeler to get he's head in and holds 35lbs! Not to mention the sweet camo paint job lol

Comment

Sweet good idea!

Comment

My dad bought an auger feeder to feedthe deer. I may need to buy one and put dog food in it.

Comment

You should bring in all the skunks and coons with that setup.

Comment

Working...
                      X