Any lawyers on here licensed in AZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
    I would find the meanest sumbitch lawyer you can, who will send them a letter making it clear that they will be sued back for abuse of process after this case is thrown out.
    this.
    countersuit on contingency. I'm sure there's a mad dog out that will lick his chops over this.

Comment

Would think the burden of proof would fall on him to prove that you drove down to the middle of Mexico and sold him the truck. Honestly, I don't think I would worry about it. Let your insurance company handle this. If you have a police report showing that the car was stolen and the case was never closed, I would think that would be good enough. Also, whatever county in AZ he is trying to file suit in, contact the DAs office and let them know what is going on. I don't think there is a judge in the world that would hold you accountable for anything if you filed a police report and never got the truck back.

Comment

So the claim is from a Mexico court or a US Court? If he is in AZ, why would he buyer your truck in Mexico...when you live in Texas....seems even possibly fraudulent case that is perhaps looking to squeeze you for some $$.

Comment

Sick Jim Adler on him....

Comment

Sounds like the alleged crime happened out of U.S. jurisdiction .if alleged sale happened in ol Mexico, what court in AZ. Has jurisdiction for theft if said crime happened elsewhere would be my concern....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
              So the claim is from a Mexico court or a US Court? If he is in AZ, why would he buyer your truck in Mexico...when you live in Texas....seems even possibly fraudulent case that is perhaps looking to squeeze you for some $$.
              This is something to be considered, this may be nothing more than a scam. Have you called the AZ court this was filed in to see if it's a legit case #?

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. Sue him for theft.

Comment

Mexico? Throw it in the trash.

Comment

How did you find out about the lawsuit? Is there a lawsuit even filed? I don't think I would worry too much about it until I was served with a lawsuit.

Comment

I have a good friend that is a lawyer in Arizona. PM me a few more details (County of suit, etc.) and I'll see if she can point you in the direction of someone who could help you.

Comment

he prolly did buy it in mexico....from the thief posing as you!

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                          How did you find out about the lawsuit? Is there a lawsuit even filed? I don't think I would worry too much about it until I was served with a lawsuit.
                          I was served

I would find the meanest sumbitch lawyer you can, who will send them a letter making it clear that they will be sued back for abuse of process after this case is thrown out.
                          I just finished paying my ex off and ran my account to the bare bones, I ain't got $$ for that

Yeah, where's the title?

It has been in the truck since the day I bought it off a tbh member...yes I now know that was not the best place for it
                          Last edited by trjones87; 04-03-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                            I was served

I just finished paying my ex off and ran my account to the bare bones, I ain't got $$ for that
                            Dang. PM sent.

Comment

Make copies of the theft report and any insurance reports and mail it certified to the court judge. Tell them to pound sand unless they want further litigation filed by you. Fagetaboutit!

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                                I was served

It has been in the truck since the day I bought it off a tbh member...yes I now know that was not the best place for it
                                Call the DA. Tell them whats going on and have them tell you what needs to be done. If an attorney is needed, then go that route. Don't lose sleep over it in the meantime. It sounds fishy to me. Like they are hoping you will just pay to make it go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X