No announcement yet.

Easiest way to behead a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good pair of loppers is faster than any saw.

Comment

Originally posted by wildaggie View Post
      Under the jaw, cut just in front of the hardened part of the esophagus up to the 1st joint, just in front of it. The cut right behind the ears down to between the skull and 1st joint. Twist a bit, and continue to cut between the skull and 1st joint. It'll come right off. You need a sharp knife.
      This, takes all of 15 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        A good pair of loppers is faster than any saw.

I'll race ya.. Zip zip!

Comment

I twist the head until the joint at the base of the skull pops (basically breaking the neck) and run my knife right into that joint to cut connective tissue. Head pops right off. And the looks you get from your buddies when you break the neck on a dead deer are downright priceless

Comment

Have you not used the 150 grain 3” cut swhackers?! Guess not if you’re asking this question. J/k. But I did see those in Walmart the other day and just smh. What will they come up with next?

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
              Knife, cut to the joint and twist off.

This ^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                uppercut.
                Jonny Cage?

Comment

Loppers

Comment

3" Swhackers
                    Last edited by Phorizt; 07-24-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I shoot Rage broadheads so the head is usually detached when they go down

Comment

I watched a guy in the walmart parking lot skin a deer once. I'm trying to remember how he did it

Comment

I thought for sure the first post would be samurai sword

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                            I watched a guy in the walmart parking lot skin a deer once. I'm trying to remember how he did it
                            Was that you watching me?

Comment

Loppers when I remember to bring them. Ive done the saw but I'd forget it half the time. If no loppers with you cut everything you can and twist. Pops pretty easy. Same with leg joints etc. Can do it all from start to finish with one knife. I know guys that carry a butcher shop of knives. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                                Well season is coming up and I am usually the one that ends up cleaning the game. The only bottleneck is usually have is actually beheading the deer. What is the easiest way you guys have found to do it? If I go the reciprocating saw route what blade should I buy? Huge loppers?
                                For loppers they don't need to be huge we have one that stays on the cleaning rack that's about the cheapest one at the store that stays there in the elements. You're not cutting much just cut down to it first

Comment

Working...
                                X