Lab rat down!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lab rat down!!

my opinion of hogs is, they are just big lab rats for me to test broadheads on. I was back at the lease this weekend touching up sets, test driving the MeatSeeker 2" cut 3 blade broadheads and trying to learn how to use my new video camera . the first two i can handle but the camera is a work in progress. feeders spin at 8pm so I climbed up at 6:45pm fri. set the camera up and started texting my hunting partner who was dove hunting. at 7:50 i heard the pigs in bound. 10 head of pigs from 15-45lbs came running in and piled up under the feeder. I could hear what i thought was the sow still in the brush. so now im fighting with the remote for the video camera trying to get it to start recording. it was funny! i was gettin frustrated. i could see the pigs were starting to bed down 1 by 1 but i could'nt see that it was recording ( it would help if i'd wear my glasses) and some how when i finaly realized it had been recording i look down and all of the pigs are laying down under or around the feeder i even accidentaly took a still photo of them this filming deal is a challenge!! any way back to the pigs when the feeder spins they all stand up and what i thought was the sow turned out to be 9 or 10 more pigs 3 of them are 75-80lbs. i've got a black mob of pork under the feeder and picking out a clean shot is difficult until the biggest roots out the 2nd biggest and he shuffles to the out side edge facing 1/4'd away at 25yds. i think to my self perfect. i settle the single pin just behind his elbow and send it. i watched the lighted nock enter the crease as i hear the whack!! dead pig runniing heads south spewing blood and the remainder of the pigs quailed out of there in every possible direction. i reach over to my quiver hanging in the mesquite and grab a second arrow. to my surprise and dissapointment none of them returned to the feeder for more fun. as for the Broadhead I have shot 3 pigs with them so far and have been very happy with their performance> they make a huge hole! Good luck!
    i will post what there is of the video today, as soon as i learn how
    Attached Files

Lmao, nice brother.

Comment

KAP!! Congrats and good read!

Comment

great write up and congrats i need to get me a video camera and give it a try

Comment

Nice story....Congrats!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Nice Lab rat?

Comment

Nice job. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats on the hog! Do you have any broadhead damage pics?

Comment

Congrats. Great story

Comment

Another nice one Jim, you'll not only ready for deer season, but you look to be a well tuned killing machine ready for Africa next summer.

Adding the video definitely adds a challenge, but well worth the effort!!!!

One of these weekends, I look forward to getting with you....
                      Last edited by MichaelW; 09-05-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Great write up.

Comment

Mmmmmmm.....tasty lab rat

Comment

Nice

Comment

Thanks y'all, Mike you're always welcome at my fire! we'll get together soon. i did not take any pics of the damage because i gave the pig to a friend and he had his crew skin & break it down while he and i were drinking a beer. here's a pic from the last 1
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X