GoPro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoPro??

Ive been on the edge about getting a gopro to film some fishing and hunting trips. Are they worth it? Hero 5 or 6? Lots of questions...any one have some insight.

Thanks in advance!

I have one that I have used for some time (not sure which version...4 I believe) and enjoy it. For up close, first-person POV, it is great. About the only thing I don't like it for is capturing kill shots with my bow.

That said, I think it would depend on your primary usage for sure. A buddy of mine pointed me to the Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam and for filming kill shots/hunts I have loved it (https://ultimatepredatorgear.com/ult...adventure-cam/)

It has some different functionality vs that of the gopro (Zoom and non-bubble look for longer distance filming) that I liked in tandem with my bow.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
      I have one that I have used for some time (not sure which version...4 I believe) and enjoy it. For up close, first-person POV, it is great. About the only thing I don't like it for is capturing kill shots with my bow.

That said, I think it would depend on your primary usage for sure. A buddy of mine pointed me to the Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam and for filming kill shots/hunts I have loved it (https://ultimatepredatorgear.com/ult...adventure-cam/)

It has some different functionality vs that of the gopro (Zoom and non-bubble look for longer distance filming) that I liked in tandem with my bow.
      Whats the vid quality like? Comparable to the GP?

Comment

Pardon my lack of editing - here is a youtube montage of the cam mounted on my bow with no zoom in. It was the quickest video available

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

I was trying it out without zoom, etc. mostly because I wanted a flat affect comparison to my gopro. It comes with a wrist remote, but I was still learning at this point. I have some additional vid from a Kansas Deer hunt that is more "functional" as far as moving the frame, etc.

Comment

The Hero 6 would be the way to go currently. It has “zoom” as well so you can take closer photos and video. It is better than the Hero 5. I have the Hero 3’s still. I do not use my GoPro’s for the actual shot on an animal. I have a Panasonic HD video camera for that. One of my GoPro’s is in the blind pointing at “me” to catch the draw......I sometimes will place another GoPro on a limb closer to the feeder to catch a different angle of the animals. At any given time I may have three cameras rolling at once when I have time to set them up. I enjoy using the GoPro’s when snorkeling as well. They are fun. Just have to take time to utilize them.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Long View Post
              Ive been on the edge about getting a gopro to film some fishing and hunting trips. Are they worth it? Hero 5 or 6? Lots of questions...any one have some insight.

Thanks in advance!
              I thought the exact same thing when I bought mine . And after zero hunts and zero fishing trips filmed I sold it on Craigslist for 1/4 of the original cost....

Comment

I paid a lot of money for my GoPro 4. It’s in the drawer doesn’t work anymore. You need to check out the Fitfort 4K action camera. I bought mine on amazon for $61.00. Comes with a remote and more accessories than I’ll ever use. Gets 4.5 stars on Amazon it’s their choice. I bought one last year very satisfied with it. Also got a charger and two extra batteries

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                  I paid a lot of money for my GoPro 4. It’s in the drawer doesn’t work anymore. You need to check out the Fitfort 4K action camera. I bought mine on amazon for $61.00. Comes with a remote and more accessories than I’ll ever use. Gets 4.5 stars on Amazon it’s their choice. I bought one last year very satisfied with it. Also got a charger and two extra batteries

Excellent share! thanks man!

Comment

I’ve two and have never used them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get one! I have captured some awesome shots and the new ones are WAY better than the early ones. The new one they just released at the $199 price point is the best value by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Excellent share! thanks man!
                        Did you order one?

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                          Did you order one?

Not yet.

Comment

I think you posted a vid when Clay was up hunting with you. Looked pretty god-what did you film it with

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                              I think you posted a vid when Clay was up hunting with you. Looked pretty god-what did you film it with

The only video I posted was from opening weekend of that Tom whipping up on my jake filmed on my Iphone 7 plus.

I'd love to just film with it because it does a spectacular job, but the logistics in my 6x6 blind is a challenge for a fat guy ...

Comment

Working...
                              X