Polaris ranger doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris ranger doors

I am going to be building some doors for my Ranger crew. After riding around this season in the cold and rain I’ve decided some doors are going to be the next project. I want them to be easily removable so I’m planning on using a bullet style weld on hinge that should work like a Jeep style door. These are going to be full doors. The idea is to build a three-quarter inch square tubing skeletal frame and sheet the bottom half with 16 gauge sheet-metal. The top half will most likely be lexan. Not sure if the lexan will be removable or not yet. They will probably be suicide style doors because the best hinge points seem to be at the rear of the doors and it’ll make for an easier latch design. That’s about as far as Ive gotten with planning and I’ll probably change things as I get further into it.

If any of you have done this or even have bought doors installed could you post some pics of the hinge and latch design.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 17 ranger crew 1k highlighter came w doors. They're suicide style. Like u mentioned. If I download tapatalk il try to post u some pictures.

Comment

Are you going to put windows in the lexan part of the doors so you can see what's on the side of your unit?

Comment

Pervis, that would be very helpful thanks.

Pybuck
        Yes the lexan will be clear so anything above about midways of the door opening will be visible. I may even put small windows in the lower part of the door to help with ground visibility.

Comment

Golf cart cover and doors.

I made these out of lightweight 3/4 tubing. I welded a small piece of barrel on the top and bottom of the golf carts roof standards. Then took a piece of bar that fit in the barrel and welded it to the door frame and bent it over.
          Then I welded a piece of tubing across the back at the top with a lip on them for the doors to hang on. I put pipe wraps on all the frames to keep from rattling.
          I used a cordura camo tarp for the seat cover, top cover and doors. I usde snaps and buttons to secure the tarp to the front and back bumpers. Zippers for windows. That was a fail!!!
          Pretty crud build but it works for a rolling blind on our big wheat fields. My welding skills are limited
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            I made these out of lightweight 3/4 tubing. I welded a small piece of barrel on the top and bottom of the golf carts roof standards. Then took a piece of bar that fit in the barrel and welded it to the door frame and bent it over.

Then I welded a piece of tubing across the back at the top with a lip on them for the doors to hang on. I put pipe wraps on all the frames to keep from rattling.

I used a cordura camo tarp for the seat cover, top cover and doors. I usde snaps and buttons to secure the tarp to the front and back bumpers. Zippers for windows. That was a fail!!!

Pretty crud build but it works for a rolling blind on our big wheat fields. My welding skills are limited

That’s pretty cool. I made something similar for a four wheeler years ago except I wasn’t hunting in it but rather on top. Kind of like a mobile tripod I guess. I had a boat pedestal seat on top and the bottom support frame was wrapped in some clear plastic vinyl material that attached with snaps. Everybody Called it the Pope Mobile LOL. I called it staying dry and warm.

Comment

So I think I’ve got a plan for one of the hurdles.
              I’d like to keep the hinges as far apart as possible but there isn’t a very long stretch of the roll cage that stays straight for very long. The back isn’t too bad. I think I can make a small slice in the plastic Couling to allow the hinge bracket to protrude through keeping the hinges more aligned. The horizontal pieces of tape are about where I think the hinges would work best for the rear doors.

For the front I’m thinking it’s going to be best if I build a filler panel that I can attach to the roll cage.They should allow me to spread the hinges apart equally to the rear doors. I’m Thinking something like this.

Comment

First thing I’ll have to do is build a tubing bender. This is something I’ve been needing to do for a long time. I made rollers for it a while back but that’s about as far as I got. It’ll come in handy for other projects as well. Hopefully anyways. I went and got some metal for the doors and cut out a plate for the bender today. Not much but at least it’s a start.

Comment

Looking to build some half doors for our sided by side. Wife doesn't trust the seatbelts and thinks the kids will go flying out! I'm in for the build! Good luck.

Comment

Alright! So I’m pretty excited! I got my tubing bender built. This is something I’ve been wanting to build for a long time and is going to come in handy around the shop. It’s nothing fancy but it gets the job done fairly well.

Comment

Here’s a link to a video of how it works.

Comment

How about that. A bunch of pretapped bolt holes in a prime location for hinges. That should make things a little easier.

Comment

Tagged, great pipe bender! That will come in really handy, wish I had one.

Comment

I got one of the doors more or less framed out. There was a learning curve with the bender so I had a few screw ups but once I got it figured out things started flowing along nicely.
                            Tomorrow I’ll weld it out and try out a front door. If it works out the way I think it is I’ll start some sheet metal work.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X