Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Photoshop fix my mistakes on this one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Photoshop fix my mistakes on this one?

One morning last week I noticed a really cool sunrise cloud formation from downtown Ft Worth and tried to capture it. My idea was to silhouette one of the angels on the front of the Bass Performance Hall in the foreground. In a perfect world I would have set up a tripod, bracketed exposure and experimented with different shutter speeds, but this was a one shot deal - I had to step out into traffic to take the picture at this angle. I was further hampered by the fact that I am still shooting film (yes, there are dinosaurs among us!) and I had the wrong speed in my camera. Anyway, I need suggestions from you Photoshop guys - can this shot be improved digitally?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bassangel.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24731014

Jerp you have the original size or do you want this one worked?

Comment

This size will be fine - all I have in the way of editing software is a rather lame program that came with my son's point n' shoot, so I've done nothing other than crop it a little. THANKS!

Comment

I played with it a little but not sure what you are looking for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bassangel.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	23840641

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
          I played with it a little but not sure what you are looking for.
          I'm not sure either, really - you made the sky look less grainy and dull, that helps alot - thanks. Looks like I need to clean my lens too, there's several spots that I could see when I took the shot, I was hoping they were just on the viewfinder.
          Last edited by jerp; 05-14-2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

You're welcome. I tried to recover some highlights in the area of the sun but not sure if they can be. Maybe Danny can get it done.

Comment

Getting rid of the spots is the easy part. Beyond that, I don't know what to do with it.

[ATTACH]37077[/ATTACH]

Comment

The top third of the sun is just peeking out from above the lower cloudbank. To the naked eye it was a little darker and more visible but in the picture it is washed out. Can that be changed without it looking too tricked-up?

Comment

I don't believe it can.

Comment

Jerp, here is my attempt.

I can tweek it a lot, I just don't know what you want to keep, or not. Like the sky. I blurred it trying to get the over exposure out. I might have blurred it too much. Let me know but I am assuming the foreground is your subject. I can get rid of all the "junk" around the horn and statue too if you want

Here is a not so blurred back ground

Last edited by Wildman; 05-14-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks Wildman but I can't see what you posted. For some reason on my office computer I sometimes get the little white boxes with the red X (right click, open doesn't work either) I'll be able to see them from my home computer tonight. Thanks for your efforts.

John

Comment

Sorry, after I fixed them and added more color it is over the TBH limit

Try this link

Explore .wildman’s 1,266 photos on Flickr!

Comment

Jerp, it that what you were looking for in a fix?

Comment

Yes - thanks Wildman that helps alot. There is only so much you can do when I didn't have the settings right in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                            X