Lightroom 4 - cheaper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom 4 - cheaper!

Received an email about this today and had to share.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

I know a lot of you on here use Lightroom.

yes!

thanks!

Comment

I read that last night. The good news is that it's cheaper overall. The bad part is that there's no upgrade option from LR3. I just installed LR3 this week (purchased it a couple of months ago, but just decided to make the effort to learn to use it.) I wish I would have just waited for LR4 instead.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I read that last night. The good news is that it's cheaper overall. The bad part is that there's no upgrade option from LR3. I just installed LR3 this week (purchased it a couple of months ago, but just decided to make the effort to learn to use it.) I wish I would have just waited for LR4 instead.
        ??

Lightroom 4 costs $149 new and $79 as an upgrade, a big step down from the earlier prices of $299 new and $99 upgrade.

Comment

Lightoom rocks. (that's all I can add to this)

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
            ??

Lightroom 4 costs $149 new and $79 as an upgrade, a big step down from the earlier prices of $299 new and $99 upgrade.
            Ah...one of the reviews I read indicated there wasn't an upgrade option. Good to know.

I'm finally STARTING to get the hang of the LR workflow. I plan to spend a little time at Nanza with Cameron, Legdog and anybody else discussing some of the intricacies of catalogs, collections, sets and file storage!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Ah...one of the reviews I read indicated there wasn't an upgrade option. Good to know.

I'm finally STARTING to get the hang of the LR workflow. I plan to spend a little time at Nanza with Cameron, Legdog and anybody else discussing some of the intricacies of catalogs, collections, sets and file storage!
              I'll bring my set-up to the hotel after-party and give you a run through while you play Piano Man.

Comment

Thanks! my wife is a photographer, and now I guess she will be getting 4!

Comment

Michael, if you go here: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html, even though it says $149, you are able to select upgrade from Lr3 after you click the Buy button. It's not a free upgrade (and maybe that's what you meant), but it will upgrade from Lr3.

I'm at work now, so I didn't get to go through with it. I'll do it sometime soon on my computer at home though. Looks like a cool upgrade.

Comment

After listening to Russell Graves at the TOWA Conference, I was fairly convinced I needed Lightroom. THIS price pushes me over the edge.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Once apple releases a new iMac I am switching over to Lightroom 4.
                      Apple needs to hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                        After listening to Russell Graves at the TOWA Conference, I was fairly convinced I needed Lightroom. THIS price pushes me over the edge.

Thanks for posting.
                        I bought Lr after Russell showed it to me a few years ago too. The upgrades make it a LOT better than it was then. If you're only "fairly" convinced now, you'll be completely convinced after getting comfortable with using it. It makes photolife so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post

Thanks for posting.
                          Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          I bought Lr after Russell showed it to me a few years ago too. The upgrades make it a LOT better than it was then. If you're only "fairly" convinced now, you'll be completely convinced after getting comfortable with using it. It makes photolife so much easier.
                          Russell convinced me I "needed" it several years ago at a gathering at Legdog's house. You, Leggett and Cameron (among others) convinced me I should "try" it several months later (I downloaded it, but never attempted to use it), and I finally purchased it when it was discounted a few months ago. However, I never took the time to figure it out, so it has sat unused on my laptop. Russell spurred my interest at the TOWA conference, and then I realized I needed to press the issue last week when having to search through multiple drives, directories and thousands of photos in search of specific, usable images for the upcoming issue of the Journal. I'm learning that it's a VERY VALUABLE photo management tool, when used properly!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                          X