Comal and Guadalupe flow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comal and Guadalupe flow?

Has any one been there recently? Are either of them flowing good?
    Wife just said she wants to go this weekend. Also recommendations on where to stay. Thanks

Originally posted by JDALEX View Post
    Wife just said she wants to go this weekend. Also recommendations on where to stay. Thanks
    we floated the comal this past weekend with Texas Tubes, River was flowing as good as it always does. did not have to get up and walk or butt scoot anywhere. I recommend them. The trip was about 2.5- 3 hours and you can do it multiple times if you want for the same fee. We stayed at a place called hideout on the horse shoe, which is on the Guadelupe and I did not care for it. Spoke to several people floating by who had been on the water for 7+ hours and tired of walking and pushing tubes.

I have stayed at the river run condos in the past and enjoyed them.

Comment

Haven't floated in a few weeks, but we normally stay at the Faust Hotel and Brewing Co. it's nothing fancy but the food and beer is good and it's maybe 2 miles from Texas Tubes.

Comment

We stayed at the Gruene Homestead Inn in June and it’s a great place to stay. We had our girls with us and it was very family friendly. Breakfast was good each morning and the room rates were very reasonable. We’ve also stayed at the Waterwheel condoes and enjoyed that place as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JDALEX View Post
          "The Other Place" on the Comal is where we've been saying for years..
          If you can get a room do it. They stay booked but its worth a try..

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            we floated the comal this past weekend with Texas Tubes, River was flowing as good as it always does. did not have to get up and walk or butt scoot anywhere. I recommend them. The trip was about 2.5- 3 hours and you can do it multiple times if you want for the same fee. We stayed at a place called hideout on the horse shoe, which is on the Guadelupe and I did not care for it. Spoke to several people floating by who had been on the water for 7+ hours and tired of walking and pushing tubes.

I have stayed at the river run condos in the past and enjoyed them.
            We did the dame thing last Saturday. Man that river was packed.

Comment

I believe the Comal is spring fed. Pretty constant flow and water temperature.

Comment

Comal is good but the Guadalupe is basically dry in places.

Comment

Horseshoe was fine

Comment

water, earth science, hydrology, hydrologic, data, streamflow, stream, river, lake, flood, drought, quality, basin, watershed, environment, groundwater, groundwater

Access water information and weather conditions in your neighborhood! A map viewer showing real-time water data collected at U.S.Geological Survey observation stations in context with weather-related data from other public sources.

You can see real-time flow here. Just depends where you want to float on the guad if you’re gonna have to get out and walk your tubes.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        "The Other Place" on the Comal is where we've been saying for years..
                        If you can get a room do it. They stay booked but its worth a try..
                        Are all of the bunk style houses ?

Comment

Working...
                        X