Jalapeño, Cream Cheese, Bacon Wrapped Backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalapeño, Cream Cheese, Bacon Wrapped Backstrap

My wife and I watched quite a few YouTube videos regarding various venison backstrap recipes. She then took her favorite ones and combined them. The end result was amazing to say the least. I'm sure quite a few of you have probably tried something very similar to this before. If so, you know what I am talking about. The first thing my wife did was marinate the backstrap in milk overnight. The next day she rinsed the backstrap and proceeded to butterfly it. The backstrap was then seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. She heated the cream cheese in the microwave and mixed in chopped jalapeños. The cream cheese and jalapeño mixture was spread into the fold of the backstrap. The backstrap was then completely wrapped in bacon and seared on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes. My wife then basted the wrapped backstrap with a brown sugar and soy sauce concoction before placing the backstrap in the oven to cook at 350° for 15 minutes. Phenomenal is an understatement. Just thought I would share for those that may have never tried it this way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Sounds good but, No Pics??

Comment

im hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
        Sounds good but, No Pics??
        Sorry. I didn't take any at the time, but I can't stop thinking about how good it was. Was is the operative word. It didn't last long. I'll try to take pics next time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds great

Comment

Working...
          X