No announcement yet.

DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't hurry up and get that thing in the water, I will.
    The anticipation is killing me.

You sir, are a true craftsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      If you don't hurry up and get that thing in the water, I will.
      The anticipation is killing me.

You sir, are a true craftsman.

Thank you so very much! It should have been finished by now but there has been a couple days where I just didn’t feel like working on it so I didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I've quietly followed this from near the beginning and I'm amazed at the craftsmanship. There is nothing about the SkipJack that would make one think that it was built in a suburban neighborhood garage by somebody with a full-time job. The quality is amazing and you sir are a helluva boat builder. Job well done.
        This X a thousand! Fabulous job! I can just imagine the satisfaction when you slime her up the 1st time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          Today was another productive day! After a brief morning meeting I painted the console box and jackplate outboard backer board. After lunch the black stainless steel screws arrived for the rub rail so I knocked that out before moving to the dry storage helm cooler and helm mat. The fish box cooler will be installed after the grab bar is.

Salt Boatworks FRS-14
          Project Skipjack

If I built a boat.......

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            If I built a boat.......

Thats assuming it would even float!

Comment

Certainly taking shape now brazos!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I just realized I have not posted up on the 1988 Evinrude 15 hp 2-stroke rebuild progress. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures and was just working away but the rings and new bearings/seals have been installed as well as the starter motor mount. The electronics were just starting to be installed when I called it a day.

Salt Boatworks FRS-14
                Project Skipjack

Comment

nice job

Comment

Man, that is allsome. Started this following this thread early on and kind of forgot about it. Boat like that will really get you deep in some back lakes without worrying about getting into any real trouble. We have a place on Washington and sixth right across from the pier, I’ll be keeping an eye out for you when we’re down.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                      Man, that is allsome. Started this following this thread early on and kind of forgot about it. Boat like that will really get you deep in some back lakes without worrying about getting into any real trouble. We have a place on Washington and sixth right across from the pier, I’ll be keeping an eye out for you when we’re down.
                      We are at the corner of 12th and Baltimore. If we aren't on the water we are buzzing around in the little blue/black SxS, sitting on the deck, or grubbing at La Terraza. Swing by sometime.

Michael

Comment

La Terraza???

Let me know when y’all are in town. I could always go for some of that.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          La Terraza???

Let me know when y’all are in town. I could always go for some of that.

Will do mi amigo!

Comment

The powerhead is rebuilt and awaiting the paint to dry.

Comment

I do believe the DIY jackplate is going to do the trick.

Comment

The outboard rebuild is “complete” less tuning the carb. I went ahead and ported then intake and exhaust but did not polish (2-stroke likes a little grit). With the carbon fiber reeds I do believe she will do the trick.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X