ILF longbow limb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ILF longbow limb question

Been looking some longbow limbs and I have a question for the experts here in the trad dept.

I have a 25 inch Hoyt Excel riser and a Dallaa 17 inch riser.

I would like to put a set of longbow limbs on my recurve risers and see how it works out. I want to keep the poundage in the 40-50 # range. Anyone have any ideas what lengths and what poundage limbs would work with either of the risers.

Thanks GS

Limbs and risers are pretty specific to one another. Might be easier to get a takedown longbow otherwise you would have to get lucky for hardware to match up. If you were having a bowyer build one from scratch they can make 2 different sets of limbs to fit the same riser. You might check with 3 rivers archery though they may make straight limbs to fit that dalaa. Good luck.

Comment

He is talking about ILF bows. On these bows the combinations are endless.

My suggestion would be to call Mike at Dryad bows. He is in Weatherford which is not too far from FW. He builds ILF bows and should be able to give you some good info that will answer your questions.

Another guy to ask on here would be huntinpool (you could send him a PM). He has a lot of experience with ILF bows and can help you out too. He lives in Azle, which is also close to you.

You could also come out to Cowtown Bowmen Archery Range in FW this weekend (Sat & Sun). They are having a big all trad 3D shoot where there is bound to be someone who knows about ILF.

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 06-28-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bisch

Comment

Jim Neaves at centaurarchery.com is building ILF longbow limbs now.

He is building them on a 17" riser format.

You should give him a call or drop him a line in an email.

I can pretty much guarantee you would be more than pleased with a set of his limbs.

Tell him Rick sent ya.

Rick

Comment

Working...
          X