best and worst shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best and worst shoot

Sunday i was at the Camp Bullis shoot and i did the best and worst i have ever done i shot 8 ten point ring and missed the target nine times i ended up w score of 160. Has this ever happened to you.?

Sometimes you're the windshield. Sometimes your the bug.

Just gotta dust it off, forget about it, and look forward to the next one.

I made me up a new saying a while back -

"Do your best to do it right, and take what it gives ya."

Seems to help my attitude quite a bit.

Rick

Comment

Some days you have it and some days you don't. It is very aggravating.

Comment

I was just weird normally I shoot 4 or 5 ten point shots and miss 3 or 4 times, this past weekend I double both propositions.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
          I was just weird normally I shoot 4 or 5 ten point shots and miss 3 or 4 times, this past weekend I double both propositions.
          Yep, that's how it goes. All ya can do is shake your head & laugh. Or kick rocks.

Comment

Sorry I missed the shoot, I thought it was this upcoming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              Yep, that's how it goes. All ya can do is shake your head & laugh. Or kick rocks.
              I heard that!!!!!!!!

Rock kicking is very therapeutic, unless you get too cocky and go for the big ones!

Bisch

Comment

I've watched you kick some pretty big ones.

Comment

Somedays you're on and somedays you're off, I think Rick hit the nail on the head with his post. I think we'd all agree that we shoot better in our own backyard than we do on the 3D course. My mantra as of late has been "Don't focus on the score, Focus on the shot" and I've found that if I stick to that mindset the score tends to take care of itself. Another one that seems to help me is "Don't release if it ain't right", it took a bit if work to actually be able to let down but it's definitely saved me from some bad shots on the 3D course this year. Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone hits a rough patch now and then. Just keep working on your consistency and it'll all come together with time.

Comment

Working...
                  X