I need new online storage options!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need new online storage options!

For years I have been using Picassa Web Albums to store my photos I want to use online. I really liked Picassa because I could upload the photos in their original size and then, when I wanted to post an image, I could easily select the correct size (640 x 480) for posting on the forums.

Read: No need to resize every image and VERY easy to select the proper size to post.

Google has done away with Picassa and gone totally to Google Photos and this functionality is now gone. I would have to either resize each photo I wanted to post through a resizer or save all my online photos as a single quantity (like 640 x 480). Neither of which I want to do.

And I'm not talking about cropping the photo, I want the original photo, just smaller for forum posting.

Is there an online storage solution that fits my needs? If so, what is it? I also want to be able to link it to my phone so I can have the same albums online and on my phone. I don't like keeping thousands of photos on my phone I need them to be stored online but easily accessible via my phone (like Picassa was).

Any suggestions?

Smugmug

Comment

Hey Rat,

So you can't use Picasa at all now?

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
        Hey Rat,

So you can't use Picasa at all now?
        You can still use it just like always if you keep everything there, but pretty soon you will not be able to upload new photos. And of course it isn't going to be supported; so it will become a 'backdoor' for hackers, viruses and other heathen activities.

Comment

Yeah if google doesnt support picasa you are probably better off removing your stuff from there. I am not too sure about other platforms though

Comment

Working...
          X