Age and score 2 E TX bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and score 2 E TX bucks

I have my thoughts on age but want to see what y'all think. First year on this lease so no history on the deer. I don't have a clue on score and it really doesn't mean much to me, I'm just curious.

Alright here's the first
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383057663.435809.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	24994780

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383057682.664381.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24994782

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383057700.627289.jpg
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	24994783
    And 2nd

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383057736.288382.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	24994784

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383057764.986760.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	24994785

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383057795.049667.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	24994786
    Month is wrong should be October. And yes which ever walks out first will die. I've seen both in the stand but the big rack 8 busted me and the big bodied 8 was chasing does around with some smaller bucks and I never had a shot

I would definitely shoot the second deer. The first one I would pass on.

Comment

Both mature deer. The first one needs to be shot.

Comment

First is as old or older than second.

Comment

First one looks to be older to me, maybe 6.5. Starting to develop some light callousing on his front knees. He needs to go. Never seen an ear ripped off to that extent before either.

Second deer looks to be 4.5 to me.

I would be after deer number one from a management perspective. I think deer two will be bigger next year. Deer one may die before next year.

Comment

first one needs to go

Comment

First deer 5.5-6.5 and scores 90-95" 2nd deer 4.5 and scores high 120s. By no means am I an expert this is just my estimate based on the photos here

Comment

First one is a fully mature deer (5.5+) and needs to be harvested ASAP.
                Second is a nice 4.5yr old. Good luck!

Comment

Big bodied deer!! Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                    First one looks to be older to me, maybe 6.5. Starting to develop some light callousing on his front knees. He needs to go. Never seen an ear ripped off to that extent before either.

Second deer looks to be 4.5 to me.

I would be after deer number one from a management perspective. I think deer two will be bigger next year. Deer one may die before next year.
                    These are my estimates too. The sway back on the 2nd has me a little unsure. Maayyybe 5 1/2. The first is my #1 pick. I would love to take him out because I know he's mature and isn't producing much bone, even if he is on the down hill swing in antler growth, I don't think he was ever real big. And I'd like to give the second another year but he would be my biggest buck to date and is still a mature deer and will die if he slips up first

Comment

Originally posted by Smokecity13 View Post
                      First deer 5.5-6.5 and scores 90-95" 2nd deer 4.5 and scores high 120s. By no means am I an expert this is just my estimate based on the photos here
                      I think your scores are right on.

Comment

Is that near Reklaw? Killed the biggest deer of my life on October 6, 1987 about 1/2 mile west of the intersection at Reklaw. Deer scored 152". Never been able to top it yet. AN old man named Luke Irwin let me hunt his place. I was living in Gallatin and going to school at SFA. Stopped at the little store there and some men were playing dominos. Asked if there was any place around there to hunt and he told me I could hunt his place. What a memory to bring back. That kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore.

Comment

Are you sure its only 2 dear the one in the 5th picture looks different from the first two

Comment

Originally posted by cowboytex View Post
                            I think your scores are right on.
                            Agreed.
                            Last edited by DuramaxDude; 10-29-2013, 11:07 AM. Reason: Responded to wrong post.

Comment

shoot #1
                              pass on #2 give him another year

Comment

Working...
                              X