Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of this idea?

I call it "The Hive".

Can hold over 300 arrows. Able to build them in over 30 colors. Maybe I should quit shooting and just open a booth at the pro/ams? This is what happens when I get bored and it's too hot to shoot outside.

I wish I could make them cheaper. Would actually be a nifty idea to sell. Materials are expensive, especially the vinyl/film.

I'm first in line to buy that!

Comment

I'd like one too! Can you make them different sizes? I'm thinking a little smaller and if it held six(6) dozen arrows that would be enough for me.

I had a great time shooting with Dax at Mesquite. He was taking us to the cleaners and had one bad shot.

Comment

Yeah I can make them any size. Probably don't want to go any smaller than 9X9 from a stability standpoint. The model above is a 12X12. Even though it "can" hold a ton of arrows I like to leave a row in between various sets of arrows and space them out so the fletchings dont dog ear.

The big problem is they are not cost effective. For the 12x12 unit above it would cost about about $90 to sell not including any shipping (small profit). I'm looking into bulk materials to see if I can drive the build cost down. If anyone is interested, PM and if there is enough interest..I'll do a big batch of em.

Comment

Who has 300 arrows??

Comment

x2 Cuz
            Who has 300 arrows besides a pro shop?

I have maybe 3 dozen for the two of us and half are for hunting and all are kept in quivers

Comment

cool

Comment

No different than restaurant capacity really. Having the ability to store and actually storing that many are two different things.

Personally I like how I did it in the picture above which is to stagger my arrows and leave an empty space in between each dozen. It's really clean, and no fletches touch. That picture has about 7 dozen arrows in it and it's utilizing the space well.

Good news is that I found a wholesaler so my building cost will go down significantly. I've already received orders for a handful of these and some inquiries so I think I'll give this a go and at least do one production run. If anyone wants in let me know.

Pm for details.

Comment

that is sharp looking, it' be interested if i had more than 3 arrows, guess better get some more, lol, great work

Comment

Working...
                  X