No announcement yet.

KeithJohnsOutdoors.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went on a 2 day exotic hunt with my cousin and uncle. This was my first exotic hunt and quite honestly I was not overly excited to go as this was not a hunt for whitetail deer. I had a goal of arrowing a Corsican Ram, while my compadres wanted either a Blackbuck or Axis Buck. Long story short, I got my ram, My cousin missed a 20+ inch Blackbuck, but then scored on a 18” Blackbuck. My uncle did not harvest an animal, however he had passed on what he described as a 20” Blackbuck. We all saw many nice animals including many (yes many) Blackbucks over 20” (not in range to shoot), several very nice (HUGE) axis deer—unfortunately these stayed in the heavy undergrowth until dark. Greenup was occurring at the time (april 1-april 3). There were many very nice rams of most varieties. We also were allowed to harvest hogs at no charge and 4 were arrowed. I was in shooting range of at least 10 rams (Corsican, Texas Dall, Mouflon), 3 blackbucks—none too impressive--- several Fallow, red stag and whitetails (all of these either out of season or just dropped headgear). Also seen during this hunt were Aoudad. Anyway, I HAD A BLAST!!!! Keith told us his main concern was for us to have a great time and we did. We all had opportunities and 2 of us got what we set out for. Keith went out of his way to get us in the right spot. He also was a terrific host, the kind of guy anyone would be happy to sit down with and talk the outdoors. I am already checking dates for a return trip and now I AM JUST AS EXCITED ABOUT THIS AS WHITETAILS!!!!!
    Last edited by BowBuck2; 04-24-2008, 12:37 PM. Reason: correct the measurements

Comment

Working...
    X