My Brushy Hill hunt Jan 1-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Brushy Hill hunt Jan 1-4

I took my first trip down to Brushy Hill Ranch on January 1-4 and I have to say that I am very satisfied and can't wait to schedule a hog hunting trip in a few months and another deer hunt at the ranch next fall!.
    Pete and Ava are genuine people!!! I visited with Ava when I checked in and visited with Pete when I checked out. They definitely made me feel welcome and want to return based on their kindness. They are good people!!!
    I took the semi-guided option and had Nick (Horitexan) place me a blind since it was my first trip down to the ranch. I met Nick for the first time when I arrived at the ranch but I have to say, he makes you feel like you have known him all of your life! He led me out to the Hog Heaven pasture and showed me the camp house and then took me out to show me where I would be hunting and showed me several other areas as well.
    Although I saw several bucks, none of the ones that came into my corn met the ranch requirement of 14", I did take a nice fat doe on my last evening hunt.
    Nick is a great guy. He came by the camp house a couple times during my stay and asked how things were going.
    As I said earlier, I am 100% satisfied with my first trip down to Brushy Hill and I look forward to hunting hogs in a few months and another deer hunt in the fall!!!

Good to hear!! Thanks for the report. Havent been in 3-4 years. Maybe next year.

Ray

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
      X