Amistad Aoudad down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amistad Aoudad down

Went To Amistad for a weekend hunt, got there early enough to do a little hunting Friday. Went out to area 5 and worked my way Down the road to the back checking out some of the coves, spotted a doe and fawn on the way back, was standing on a ridge and glassing when I looked back where I had just come from and there was an Aoudad bedded under a bush. Don't know how I passed him without spooking it but I did, so I drop off the ridge and slip back down and came up behind him to my surprise there is another ram and he is only 20 yards from me and he is bigger. I calm myself down draw side step to get a clear shot and release he is mine he only went about 30 yards and down he goes, crazy thing the other ram didn't want to leave he kept comming back I could have shot him too but it was hard enough packing one ram out. Oh and yes his already at the Taxi.
    Attached Files

nice ram congrats !!!!!!!!

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Wow! A Big Congrats, Amistad Aoudad do not come easy, and to shoot a Good One to Boot is quite an accomplishment! Again Congrats!

Comment

nice...

Comment

very nice

Comment

nice ram

Comment

great ram

Comment

Very nice ram. Congrats!

Comment

Very nice. Congrats on the ram.

Been a few years since I've hunted Amistad and I always hunt area #5 a few times when I go down there. Last time I was at 5, I saw 2 rams butting heads and got as stealthy as a 6'3", 300lb man can and slipped up on them. I was able to crawl to within 25 yards and was behind some brush when I raised up to my knees, pulled an arrow out of the quiver, got settled in, and when I started to draw this arrow flies over my head and hits the ground about 10 yards my side of the rams. I turned around and this guy was about 60 yards behind me when he let it fly. The rams take off running over the hill and he runs after them. As he passed me he said, "Stay there I'll chase them back to you". I was ****** but no way my fat *** could run him down.

Comment

nice ram

Comment

Heck of a ram

Comment

A trophy for sure. Congrats

Comment

nice job! not an easy hunt out there!

Comment

BIG congrats!!!

Comment

Working...