Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
    shoot em in the face.
    I seriously wish we could do something. To bad they disappear before the season opens on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I refuse to feed anymore until 9/1. Last two years, bears have knocked over my feeders 3rd week in August. ? - will a trace mineral block and salt block work as good as digging in a mineral sight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we have nearly given up on feeders. the deer don't use them. hand corn is better for us. also the bears have destroyed every feeder we have ever put out with exception of the ones we have on cranks hanging from trees.

our place is so thick we just corn the roads and hunt them. the deer cross them at certain places and our highest success is in blackpowder and gun season. I bet we take 20% of our animals with a bow.

Comment

The only feeder we run is to keep the pigs on that side of the lease, it's working so far. We hand corn into hog paneled feed pens to inventory the deer and draw them in but most of us hunt off the trails leading to the pens.

Comment

Deer come to our feeders good, especially after the 2nd week in December. But we usually don't hunt right on top of the feeders we do have a couple stands on them and have good success. We usually hunt 'around' them. My plan this year was fill them and let them run out before the bears came back then refill around Sept 1st. They got to them before they ran out of feed. We build them pretty sturdy they knocked it over but didn't break anything.

Comment

Very nice^^^^^

Comment

Deer come to our feeders but the Big Bucks ONLY come to the antler max protein blocks. Ive tried several different types of blocks with no success until i put the antler max blocks and the deer won't leave them alone.

Comment

I gave up trying to keep a feeder running on our place. It just seems to be a game for the bears to try and bring them down.

On a side note I got some good news and was drawn for Hagerman this year so I will be a little distracted from Oklahoma until the middle of November.

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
                    Deer come to our feeders but the Big Bucks ONLY come to the antler max protein blocks. Ive tried several different types of blocks with no success until i put the antler max blocks and the deer won't leave them alone.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Texfisher View Post
                      I gave up trying to keep a feeder running on our place. It just seems to be a game for the bears to try and bring them down.

On a side note I got some good news and was drawn for Hagerman this year so I will be a little distracted from Oklahoma until the middle of November.
                      Something else I found that the deer really like is Buck Ration. It's a corn soy bean mix and the deer just really like it.

Comment

I couldn't find any Antler Max locally so I asked the girl a Tractor Supply in Roanoake to order some. I grabbed a couple biologic mineral rocks and I'm headed up this afternoon to put out a few cameras.....we shall see.

Comment

Went up yesterday to check cameras and such. The deer seemed to really the trophy rock 4-65 supplement.

The one antlered guy, let walk or take him out if we can?

Comment

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
                            I couldn't find any Antler Max locally so I asked the girl a Tractor Supply in Roanoake to order some. I grabbed a couple biologic mineral rocks and I'm headed up this afternoon to put out a few cameras.....we shall see.

Russell's feed store in Haslet or McDonnell Hardware in Keller should have them.

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X