Video Equipment I Use for Self-Filmed Hunts - TBH Video Journal 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Just tell her it's all so you can get good pics and video of family events and stuff! Surely she'll buy that!
    Hey mine "sort of" did... Reminded her that summer is coming up and the grandkids will be big enough this year to ride their 4-wheelers and play in the pool without "floaties"... suggested I get the Osmo+ (that's the Z3+2D) so I could have it for the "Easter festivities"... She didn't bite...

Comment

I actually have every shot I've taken on an animal on our plase we had out West since 1995... and there's some WHOPPER misses too. I originally started doing it mainly so I could review the shots prior to tracking an animal, then got into slo-mo's and such. Got several rifle shots from others that I videoed when the lighting conditions were just right and actually captured the bullet in flight and impact... Guess when I get too old (or too broke) to hunt, I'll start reviewing, editing and producing them...

Comment

Just tell her it's all so you can get good pics and video of family events and stuff! Surely she'll buy that!
        I will let you know how that goes. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great information Michael, the osmo's are awesome, have you tried the app called vertical studio? This app "tracks" whatever you frame within the osmo with a pinch on the screen and will follow it, it sure makes following the animals smooth and easy.

Comment

That's pretty nice of you to give away all of your secrets! [emoji851]

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Finally got it to work. Can someone loan me 10 grand please.

Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Great stuff.
                I was gonna ask you for a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                  Dang you Michael!!!!! You are gonna cost me a lot of money and make my wife mad.

Great video and thanks for all the info.
                  This ^

My birthday wishlist just grew exponentially! Momma gonna have to pick up a 2nd job!

Great video Michael. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Planning to do some more videoing with my boys this spring chasing pigs and turkeys. Given me some ideas wanna go out n try now.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    I actually have every shot I've taken on an animal on our plase we had out West since 1995... and there's some WHOPPER misses too. I originally started doing it mainly so I could review the shots prior to tracking an animal, then got into slo-mo's and such. Got several rifle shots from others that I videoed when the lighting conditions were just right and actually captured the bullet in flight and impact... Guess when I get too old (or too broke) to hunt, I'll start reviewing, editing and producing them...
                    Piecing together just the shots into one video would make a good one!
                    Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    I will let you know how that goes. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                    Great information Michael, the osmo's are awesome, have you tried the app called vertical studio? This app "tracks" whatever you frame within the osmo with a pinch on the screen and will follow it, it sure makes following the animals smooth and easy.
                    I'll look that up. Thanks for the info!
                    Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                    That's pretty nice of you to give away all of your secrets! [emoji851]

Thanks for sharing!
                    That just forces me to develop more secrets!
                    Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Great stuff.
                    Don't forget the batteries!
                    Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                    This ^

My birthday wishlist just grew exponentially! Momma gonna have to pick up a 2nd job!

Great video Michael. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Planning to do some more videoing with my boys this spring chasing pigs and turkeys. Given me some ideas wanna go out n try now.
                    I'm hoping we can chase some turkeys in the spring, too! Hogs always offer good rehearsal for the equipment!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post

That sounds pretty cool, I can't afford another toy right now

Comment

I think all the camera angles are pretty dang cool. When I was heavy into self filming my hunts, I just used one high end consumer video camera. I had to be sure to get all my b-roll and other pre and post shot footage and then do some editing magic....I had a a lot of people asking me how many cameras I used to film my hunts. Lol.

Keep up the good work. It's nice to see your pretty face so often these days. [emoji6]

Comment

Lol. Make that $12k please

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            I think all the camera angles are pretty dang cool. When I was heavy into self filming my hunts, I just used one high end consumer video camera. I had to be sure to get all my b-roll and other pre and post shot footage and then do some editing magic....I had a a lot of people asking me how many cameras I used to film my hunts. Lol.

Keep up the good work. It's nice to see your pretty face so often these days. [emoji6]
                            Yep, I did the one camera b-roll thing, too. It still requires plenty of post-shot re-creation of some things! Much of my "Drill One at 33" from last year was filmed in a popup blind in my driveway here in Hallettsville.

You should get back into it, Skinny! You'll appreciate the effort when your girls (and you) get older!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Yep, I did the one camera b-roll thing, too. It still requires plenty of post-shot re-creation of some things! Much of my "Drill One at 33" from last year was filmed in a popup blind in my driveway here in Hallettsville.

You should get back into it, Skinny! You'll appreciate the effort when your girls (and you) get older!

I can't say I ever filmed anything in my driveway, but hey you gotta get the footage you need! Lol

My biggest mistake was upgrading to a higher end camera...it was not very compatible with the computer I was using to edit my footage....which was just a Toshiba Satellite and Pinnacle Studio software. Back when Hogdude was still around, he could hunt, film, kill, and edit all in one night and have a fresh YT vid posted for his subscribers ready to view in the morning. It was easy easy.

The new camera had HD footage and it would take me forever to render files, edit, create my movie, etc. My computer would crash halfway through an upload to YT almost every time. That painful editing experience kinda took the wind out of my sails as I'd had it so easy in the past.

I gave my old camera to my Dad and it was stolen...so going back to it wasn't an option.

Anyway, that was kinda the demise of ole Hogdude1234. Haha

I've got a GoPro now, and am filming kill shots, so I guess the fire is starting to rekindle a bit, but I don't see myself going full bore filming everything anytime soon.

Maybe a computer upgrade in the future will have me back in the swing of things.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

One of the most frequent questions I get is about what equipment I use to film hunts. After I shot my buck at Killin Tree last month, I got footage of the equipment I use and how I typically set it up.

Most of this is new gear that I purchased since the previous season, and part of the reason I started creating the TBH Video Journal is to help more quickly familiarize myself with the cameras, setting and features. I'm obviously still learning!

Video Equipment I Use for Self-Filmed Hunts (Sony A7Sii and DJI Osmo) TBHVJ 27 - YouTube
                                4K? How do you see what your shot of yourself on the A7 cause the reverse shots look out of focus?

Comment

Working...
                                X