LeBron’s I Promise School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I commend him for trying it, but Deion Sanders tried it too, and that tells me there are ulterior motives.

I hope it works and sparks others to follow, though.
    I believe this school is entirely different compared to what Deion was doing / trying to do. Deion basically gave his name. He wasn't even a part of the school when it closed.

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    Good to know. I guess that’s why people who win the lottery usually go broke.
    He has worked his arse off at what he does. Worked just as hard putting a team around himself that has done great things.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

He has worked his arse off at what he does. Worked just as hard putting a team around himself that has done great things.
      I don’t recall saying he didn’t. He is extremely talented and gifted. Just lacks common sense.

Comment

He is extremely talented and gifted.
        At basketball

Comment

I don't know what I don't know. When I don't, I have faith that some men are trying to be a better man than those around them.

I hope this is one of those cases.

Comment

I believe this school is entirely different compared to what Deion was doing / trying to do. Deion basically gave his name. He wasn't even a part of the school when it closed.

That's because they ran his *** off to try to keep it afloat. It was very much Deion's baby, and he screwed it all up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolutely amazing - this is a great concept for kiddos. I have no idea how it is repeatable, but this right here is a great gesture to the community that raised him.

How some of you can let politics get in the way of decency is beyond me.

Says a lot about them doesn't it?

Comment

King James? An authority on anything other than basketball? No different than the Hollywood liberals with high school diplomas and zero world experience trying to educate the country on foreign policy and how the rest of the US should live! Just because you put on Eisenstein readers glasses Le Bron doesn't make you a visionary or an academic

Comment

Just an observation from out in west Texas...

I am a Laker's fan. I am not a Labron fan. I wish he hadn't been signed by the Lakers.... I don't agree with his political views, political statements from the nba platform and don't understand his mind set. I could careless either way what others think, but I think the school thing is something beneficial. if it only benefits one under privileged child it will make a bigger difference than a lot of people make in their entire lives.

Obviously, I can't make a financial contribution/donation like he can. I have tried helping where I can with kiddos that are less fortunate and are in no way responsible for their parents short comings. I am not sure why someone would question such a good deed? As I have said, if it changes the life of one kid it is well worth it no matter his reason for doing it.

Comment

I don’t recall saying he didn’t. He is extremely talented and gifted. Just lacks common sense.
                    Underestimating the mental acuity of an adversary, political or otherwise is never a good idea.

He’ll make more money by giving this money away and bashing trump, than by keeping it and staying silent.

That’s pretty common sensical me.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                      Underestimating the mental acuity of an adversary, political or otherwise is never a good idea.

He’ll make more money by giving this money away and bashing trump, than by keeping it and staying silent.

That’s pretty common sensical me.
                      I think he’s smart enough to heed advice, just don’t think he’s smart enough to come up with this on his own. Now, if he can persuade several of his peers to follow suit, all across the country in the inner cities, then I might change my outlook and opinion.

Comment

And what does this school have to do with those politics?

If anything it should provide a bridge to the perceived other side. We may not agree on much, but one thing we can agree on is kids getting great education.
                        How in the hell can a kid get a proper education when the educators are biased?Our education system is flawed. Our education system is flowing left, and until we balance this system, the younger generation will no longer get to decide for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                          Lebron is extremely intelligent. You can’t watch him play, speak or coach without seeing that he has a high IQ.
                          If his iq is so high then why has he fallen for the dem line that Trump is a raciest,homophobe ?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            If his iq is so high then why has he fallen for the dem line that Trump is a raciest,homophobe ?
                            Eventually you are going to get that spelling correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                              King James? An authority on anything other than basketball? No different than the Hollywood liberals with high school diplomas and zero world experience trying to educate the country on foreign policy and how the rest of the US should live! Just because you put on Eisenstein readers glasses Le Bron doesn't make you a visionary or an academic
                              He’s not teaching at the school. He is absolutely an authority on financial planning and strategy. As well as marketing, and just flat out being a good person.

Comment

He’s not teaching at the school. He is absolutely an authority on financial planning and strategy. As well as marketing, and just flat out being a good person.
                                I didn’t have an opinion about what kind of person he was until he started his rederic against Trump, and I’m pretty sure he’s not making his own financial and marketing decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X