do deer hit mineral blocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
    Aggiebow88, what is the name of that block it looks pretty solid?
    Don't know the brand. Got it at the feed store, 50 lbRed trace mineral salt block. was out there last weekend checking on them and on average they are 3/4 gone with a hole a foot deep and 2 feet around where they have been pawing and eating/licking at the ground.

Originally posted by Andy View Post
    Go feed stores and get the Trace Mineral Block. The best brand is Morton. Like in morton salt it is hardest and will hold up to weather conditions better than other brands. I have tried most of them on my cattle and have seen which ones melt down from the rain......The hogs will roll them around and use them also........Andy

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasHunter View Post
      Not much luck with them for me, been out a month with minimal activity. I bought the ones Academy had..
      I think a "key" for mine was "juicing" them with molasses to get them started?

Comment

I put out a bio-logic rock about a month ago. Regularly see 8 to 10 deer right next to it when the corn hits the ground, but they don't touch the rock. I have tried several other mineral blocks and they leave them be. I do beleive that it is just the area though. I have heard that others have had good success with them.

Comment

It works for me.

Comment

I'm gonna buy one. Does everyone agree the 50 lbRed trace mineral salt block is the best one for Texas? (besides the Trophy Rock, too expensive & no one sells it near me). Anybody ever try the Deer Block?
            Last edited by LFD2037; 09-03-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X