Avet Reel Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avet Reel Value?

Someone at work has a 1 year old Avet 50/2 that was only used 4 times. It has 80lb mono full spool. No scratches and super smooth to reel. Anyone know what these sell for used? It is blue if that makes a difference.

Comment

Depends on if it is 50 or 50w. I would say about $400 to $500 used depending on the condition and size. I'm actually looking for one if it's 50w and they are looking to sell.
      Last edited by dtu11; 07-26-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

It’s a pro EXW 50/2. I think that means it’s a wide but not sure. I don’t know the brand but the string was $200.

Comment

That's the wide version. You can probably find someone who would want it spooled but personally I just replace the line because it's you just don't know how much it's been fished. Like someone posted before...New these run $599 although Tackledirect just ended a sale for Avet reels at 10% off. For used wide reels you are looking at around $500 used.

If you are trying to sell it, I would look at posting it on other fishing sites (I can PM you the other site names just in case it's against the rules) and it should sell quick. There are always people looking for Avet 50w's.

Comment

For most the mono is throw away. Braid would depend on the type for me

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              For most the mono is throw away. Braid would depend on the type for me
              Yea type and probably size depending on what you are fishing for.

I'm sure our resident Shark fishing Expert (Poco) can provide some insight for you as well. He recently upgraded to 80w and sold his blue 50w so he would have the most recent experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                It’s a pro EXW 50/2. I think that means it’s a wide but not sure. I don’t know the brand but the string was $200.
                I’d say about $4-600

Comment

i sent you a pm tell your friend to call me

Comment

Used avet 50w with good braid on it is selling for around $450-$550 depending on conditions with $500 being the norm.

A brand new 50w with no line sells for $600 plus tax at most shops. Hope this helps.

Avets take abuse and beach use very well due to the machining tolerances. Other brands out there like Accurate and Shimano are great reels but on the sand they get mechanically rough due to their tight machining tolerances.

At one point I had (4) of them in different colors. Now I only have (2) but upgraded the others to 80 wides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a blue 50w without line for 500 on Houston offer up, the ad says 600 if you want it spooled with 1500 yds of 120. I bought Pocos 50w and I can't wait to get it on the beach. This stupid thing called work keeps getting in the way!

Comment

Working...
                      X