• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
    Wow! Those are perfect
    Well thank you! I think so but I’m partial

Comment

I love my Chopsknives. They hold an amazing edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
        These two I fashioned up
        You have serious skills sir. Those are absolutely amazing.

Comment

The ones I make
          Attached Files

Comment

I have heard of hunters using them, and I know they are popular with backpackers - Morakniv, you can get one for like $14. They stay sharp, you dont feel bad if you lose them. They put their money in the steel and do injection molding on the handles/sheath to save money.

Ive had this one for a couple years and love it. Have used it to split firewood by tapping it through with another piece.

Comment

Havalon (or any replaceable blade) will be sharper than any other knife and makes cleaning game a breeze. Along as you know how to use a knife.

Comment

I have a Dozier knife that has become my go to. Think it’s D2 steel, but it holds an edge better than any knife I’ve ever used.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  Havalon (or any replaceable blade) will be sharper than any other knife and makes cleaning game a breeze. Along as you know how to use a knife.
                  If you are swapping blades, some may argue that you don't know how to use a knife :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    If you are swapping blades, some may argue that you don't know how to use a knife :-)

Knives are made to cut not bend

(Not including my flexible boning knives)

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                      Knives are made to cut not bend

(Not including my flexible boning knives)
                      Are you saying they are not prybars? :-)

Comment

I mainly do hog hunting in Oklahoma. I use a Cold Steel 39LSP Boar Hunter. It‘s hard to find nowadays. I’ve used it several times on my hunting trips. With an 8 inch blade length, I feel comfortable piercing it through the toughest hogs out there.

I got it from a friend of mine for 50 bucks (quite a steal!) and I’ve been using it for quite a long time now. So far, the durability and the quality of the knife is still good.

I used to have a Ka-Bar knife but I prefer a longer blade as my go-to boar hunting knife.

Comment

My favorite store bought fixed blade knife was the old 1940's era Western Cutlery W-39 that had a carbon steel blade. The modern version is the Schrade Sharpfinger but I doubt it has as good of blade steel as the old vintage WC knife.
                          For a store bought folding knife I like me a Kershaw Lonerock with gut hook. Once you get the gut hook sharp it lasts and lasts.
                          I have a few favorite self knives as well.

He who dies with the most knives wins

Comment

Love the old vintage Kershaw's ..1030 / 1050 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                              These two I fashioned up
                              Love the demacus knives and the handles!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpyfoot View Post
                                Okay, let’s start something.
                                My wife gave me a Buck Vanguard hunting knife for Christmas last year, and I love it. The best hunting knife I’ve had yet.
                                So, what’s your hunting knife of Choice and why?

I’ve had one for 25+ years, good knife for the field and perfect for processing game. They aren’t the best out there but for the money they are hard to beat. They are easy to sharpen and hold a edge fairly well.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Working...
                                X