No Draw Hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
    5 years of spending about $75 each time in entries. Have yet to get drawn. Always disappointed but I know one day I’ll draw something.....maybe. That Fort Boggy/Choke Canyon fiasco this year really heart my heart lol. I just tell myself the money is going to a good cause. May start applying for out of state hunts. Just now sure where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I applied for Wyoming Mule Deer this year and did not get selected. However, I didn't understand the Preference Point System. I could have purchased a preference point, along with my application, and almost certainly would have been selected. I learned of a group of guys that have been selected for the Wyoming Mule Deer draw hunt, every year, 7 years in a row. The secret evidently is you must purchase the preference point at the time of your application, every year.
    This was my 1st time to apply for an Out-Of-Texas hunt, of any kind.
    But I am planning an Archery Elk hunt in western Colorado for the 2nd week of September. I can buy an "Over-The-Counter" Tag for this.
    Not sure what my "odds" of taking a good bull are; but I'm pretty certain of what my "odds" of enjoying myself are, . Can't Wait!

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
      I applied for Wyoming Mule Deer this year and did not get selected. However, I didn't understand the Preference Point System. I could have purchased a preference point, along with my application, and almost certainly would have been selected. I learned of a group of guys that have been selected for the Wyoming Mule Deer draw hunt, every year, 7 years in a row. The secret evidently is you must purchase the preference point at the time of your application, every year.
      This was my 1st time to apply for an Out-Of-Texas hunt, of any kind.
      But I am planning an Archery Elk hunt in western Colorado for the 2nd week of September. I can buy an "Over-The-Counter" Tag for this.
      Not sure what my "odds" of taking a good bull are; but I'm pretty certain of what my "odds" of enjoying myself are, . Can't Wait!

I may have to check in to going that route. I have a buddy headed to Idaho soon also on a DIY elk hunt. Sounds like a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
        I may have to check in to going that route. I have a buddy headed to Idaho soon also on a DIY elk hunt. Sounds like a blast.

BTW, I also have researching and looking at Arizona for "Over-The-Counter" Archery Mule Deer, tags. It seems there are some pretty nice Muleys coming out of Kaibab Area, every year.

Comment

Working...
        X