***Reloaders Help. 338 RUM 300gr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Reloaders Help. 338 RUM 300gr

I'm finally getting into reloading and want to load the Berger 300gr Elite Hunter bullet. My Alamo rifle has a 1-10 twist. It shoots my 250 grain factory great out to 500 yards then opens up. I have a few reloading books and have read quite a bit but haven't load a single round yet. Main question is will a 1-10 stabilize this bullet? I've seen a Cutting Edge 300gr bullet that requires 1-8.5 or faster. I really didn't want a 300gr but more around 275gr but havent found a good hunting bullet that works @ 100 yards and 1000+. Thanks in advance men.

according to Shilen data, you should be fine ...

- 8" for all bullets
    - 9" * Ratchet rifled 4 groove
    - 10" for all bullets

My suggestion: call Bryan Litz or Eric Stecker at Berger and get the skinny from those who make the bullets you want to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      according to Shilen data, you should be fine ...

- 8" for all bullets
      - 9" * Ratchet rifled 4 groove
      - 10" for all bullets

My suggestion: call Bryan Litz or Eric Stecker at Berger and get the skinny from those who make the bullets you want to shoot.
      Thanks Blake. Those guys @ Berger know their stuff. Informed me I need to spend more $$$ too. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
        Thanks Blake. Those guys @ Berger know their stuff. Informed me I need to spend more $$$ too. Lol
        Bryan Litz is arguably the best ballistician in the world

Eric was trained under Walt who knew how to build super accurate bullets

Comment

Working...
        X