Arkansas Semi Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arkansas Semi Live Hunt

Rolling out early tomorrow for a 5 day public land rifle hunt in Arkansas. The permit hunt is Saturday through Wednesday. Our plan is to get camp set up tomorrow and spend Friday scouting out some areas. This is my fourth year to hunt the WMA, so I have some areas that I have hunted before to check out. To add to the adventure, my brother is tagging along this year. Hoping a big one slips up and comes home with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck , my daughter & son in law just moved near Little Rock. I'm gonna look into archery hunting up there.

Comment

Good luck! Weather looks decent coming up, so that should help. There have been some good bucks killed this year but the weather hasn’t cooperated very well.

Comment

Good luck. I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Good luck! Weather looks decent coming up, so that should help. There have been some good bucks killed this year but the weather hasn’t cooperated very well.

Buddy told me a few have been killed during bow and muzzleloader. Weather looks like it should be real nice. Last year it was hot and we had a full moon to boot. This year looks to be better in that aspect.

Comment

What WMA are yall hunting? I've spent time in Bayou Meto and White River Refuge growing up. Both deer hunting and duck hunting. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
              What WMA are yall hunting? I've spent time in Bayou Meto and White River Refuge growing up. Both deer hunting and duck hunting. Good luck.

Bayou Meto. I forgot how poor my cell service is there. Updates will be when I can get signal.

We got in and set up camp last night. Just ran to Stuttgart to grab a few supplies. Will start scouting when we get back.

View at camp.

Comment

Hoping the rut is rolling up there in the next few weeks. I got a small lease in Hollywood AR, (in between Hope and Hot Springs) I am going to in a few weeks. Definitely pretty up there!

Comment

Was there much shooting this morning? Weather was good, but I hope the low water isn’t spreading them out.

i didn’t see much movement this morning. 150 miles or so just about due north of you.

Comment

There was until about 11. Very little this PM. We scouted hard yesterday and saw a nice 10. I saw a small 6 and two does before 11, and nothing the rest of today. My brother saw a nice 8, small 6 and about 8-10 does throughout today. Will be back at it early in the AM.

This guy was about 10 yards from me.

Comment

In the woods early again. Moved to another part of the thicket I hunted yesterday. I must be closer to a tower as I have signal. Will sit until about 12 and then make a move for the afternoon.

Comment

Picture of one of the bobcats that crossed by me yesterday.

Comment

Been a slow morning for us. My brother saw a few does. About to head in for breakfast and change areas for the afternoon.

Comment

Almost no shooting around our house this morning. Maybe they’ll stir this afternoon for you guys.

I checked one of my cameras this morning and had some good buck movement...last night, of course.

Comment

Bumped two bucks scouting today. Have a new set up for the evening. Found a scrape line along a levee. Sitting down in the bottom with a grower over field to my left and a thicket in the timber. Scrape line is t my right.

Comment

Working...
                              X