Need help: Questionable bicep injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help: Questionable bicep injury

I was launching the boat at a shallow launch site and gave a push/pull on the bow. My left arm was tucked and pushing but right arm was extended and pulling/pushing...pop pop... on my right arm...where bicep meets forearm. My arm immediately hurt and was malfunctional for rest of day. I iced the elbow the first night and have been minimizing weightload on that arm. First couple days aspirin every couple of hours...now typically before bed and after bed. Four days later...bicep and forearm are sore with constant sore pain. Pain is steadily decreasing.

I think I stressed the bicep where it attaches to the forearm bones.

Anything to be done to heal this area? Should I just let it heal and stay off for several weeks? Anybody I should see in particular for diagnosis near Georgetown?

Thank yall for any guidance.

Hopefully it is just bicep tendonitis. I have had it before - just rest, ice and limit your movement. If it tore away from the bone it will not grow back on it's own - I think surgery is required

Comment

I'd get it checked out. I'm not one to promote unnecessary Dr. visits but I have a partially torn bicep and partially torn bicep tendon that I didn't fix and highly regret.

Comment

If it is torn, time is of the essence in getting it fixed correctly! The longer you wait, the less chance of it being successfully repaired!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Reckon going straight to orthopedic surgeon for best diagnosis?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Reckon going straight to orthopedic surgeon for best diagnosis?

Yes

Skinny

Comment

Did any blood or bruising show up? It isn't bicep tendonitis by definition. That is a repetitive use issue and doesn't occur in that location.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Hopefully it is just bicep tendonitis. I have had it before - just rest, ice and limit your movement. If it tore away from the bone it will not grow back on it's own - I think surgery is required
                Unfortunately I have had this on both biceps (2013 and 2016). Surgery required for both. For some reason my left bicep healed normally, while my right stayed retracted a bit. My surgeon described the muscle retraction similar to a window blind going up when the tendon tears away. He said it was extremely rare to have it happen on both biceps like mine. The second time I passed out out from the pain so you usually know if it's more than just a strain or other mild injury.

Hopefully Briar yours is just injured and not a tendon tear.

Comment

U have insurance?
                  Let me know I'll get u in for an MRI and waive and portion you would normally have to pay
                  I'm in North Austin and know some good ortho docs

Comment

I tore my bicep and ruptured two tendons. One tendon rolled down the other up and behind my shoulder. Bicep rolled up to ball of my shoulder. Time is critical to get it fixed right. I will ad when mine popped it sounded like a 22 and I could feel the tends retracting. Painful as hell
                    Last edited by BrandonA; 06-06-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

PM sent
                      Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                      U have insurance?
                      Let me know I'll get u in for an MRI and waive and portion you would normally have to pay

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                        U have insurance?
                        Awesome! I do. Thank you!

I called local Georgetown Ortho office and since Im BCBS TX HMO and theyre in the network...I have to get PCP referral before I can schedule with ortho. I called PCP and left message seeing if theyll just refer me. Waiting on return call.

Comment

Thank all Yall.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                            Awesome! I do. Thank you!

I called local Georgetown Ortho office and since Im BCBS TX HMO and theyre in the network...I have to get PCP referral before I can schedule with ortho. I called PCP and seeing if theyll just refer me. Waiting on return call.
                            When I went they said the same thing. I said BS I'm not paying for them to tell me they can't do chit and send me to ortho to fix it. Went straight to ortho on Monday and had surgery on Wed.

Comment

I had a complete distal tear on my left arm. Bicep was at my shoulder. I went to urgent care and they sent me to the ER. I got the call from ortho that evening. I had surgery two days later. It has never been the same. While I have strength I cannot do some movements. If your over 45 or so it's probably not worth the surgery. Don't wait to long.

Comment

Working...
                              X