Winnie, Tx Thicker than Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winnie, Tx Thicker than Water

If you have a few minutes, watch this video. Informative and heartbreaking all at the same time. Same situation happening in my small town of Sour Lake. Video starts with a deer theme.

CBS News Streaming Network is the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service from CBS News and Stations, available free to everyone with access to the internet.

Rough situation... good ppl

Ive got family in sour lake... i kept offering to bring the boat and they kept telling me no they were fine. They had water up to the front step, but stopped there.
    Last edited by catslayer; 09-13-2017, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. That really sucks that regulations restricted Devillier from releasing those deer. They could have easily ran south of I-10 and been perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
        Thanks for sharing that. That really sucks that regulations restricted Devillier from releasing those deer. They could have easily ran south of I-10 and been perfectly fine.
        Yes sir. I had no clue he had so many. 186. Made me sick to my stomach to see those deer floating.

This game camera photo is from my place in Sour Lake. I fully expected to see my high fence deer floating when I first pulled up to fill feeders in a boat but luckily put my HF on the highest section of the farm so they could still stand up without having to tread water. Lost some fawns but that's it. On the lower LF parts of the farm Im starting to find dead deer. Does, fawns and 1 nice mature buck so far. Interesting enough the buck in this photo lived and was back at that feeder 3 days later.
        Attached Files

Comment

Terrible situation for everyone. I have family in Winnie that weren't on the lucky list.

Comment

Yea I had no idea he had that many deer back there. He had some big boys in there too. Is there a second part to the video?

Comment

I tried to get to Winnie after things settled down in my area to help but couldn't get thru. The creek the lady was talking about is Hackberry and it also flooded my daughters neighborhood but her house was one on 9 that didn't flood. Thanks for sharing the video I haven't seen all that.

Comment

Working...
              X