No announcement yet.

What's the deal with elite bows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say I shot Mathews for a long time..7 years actually..and this year I went out to shoot all the new 14 model bows I could get my hands on..like always. And this year my shop had picked up elite and had the new energy bows along with the answer and hunter...all 4 are simply amazing pieces of equipment. That being said, the Energy line is honestly in a league of it's own. I now own an Elite E32 and a E35. They are that good. The hype is not at all hype..it's the standard. When you draw them, you will notice the best draw cycle in the industry. The best back wall in the industry and with my E32 I am getting 311 fps at 28" 67# with a 370grn arrow...that's above the ibo raitings that elite has listed. The bows are really something..I would say make the drive and see for yourself..but take your wallet cause you will walk out with one

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter_25 View Post
      I will say I shot Mathews for a long time..7 years actually..and this year I went out to shoot all the new 14 model bows I could get my hands on..like always. And this year my shop had picked up elite and had the new energy bows along with the answer and hunter...all 4 are simply amazing pieces of equipment. That being said, the Energy line is honestly in a league of it's own. I now own an Elite E32 and a E35. They are that good. The hype is not at all hype..it's the standard. When you draw them, you will notice the best draw cycle in the industry. The best back wall in the industry and with my E32 I am getting 311 fps at 28" 67# with a 370grn arrow...that's above the ibo raitings that elite has listed. The bows are really something..I would say make the drive and see for yourself..but take your wallet cause you will walk out with one
      No doubt about that man. I've been a Hoyt guy my whole life and now I'm shooting a Elite Energy 32. This bow is the best bow I've ever shot period.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter_25 View Post
        You've got a super hot bow or a super hot chrono, that would put your IBO at about 345. My guess is the chrono is off. I've got the same bow, it's very nice

Comment

I have a black 65/ RH 35 in stock now if you are looking for black.

Comment

elite makes a bad arse bow!! I have yet to shoot the new energy line up but my answer is still the answer to my archery needs.

Comment

I've owned a bunch of Elite's over the years but can honestly say that the Energy 35 is the best Elite I've ever shot. It is that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                Thanks guys! I'm sold! Gonna make the drive to go shoot em. Probably shoot the Mathews and Bowthech today and he'd out to C&S in Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the feedback!
                This is not a one size fits all sport. What feels and shoots good for me may not feel and shoot for you. You are on the right track though by shooting and test driving several brands and models. Good luck and have fun shooting today.

Comment

I shot one last weekend. If I had the spare change laying around I would buy one today!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
                    I have a black 65/ RH 35 in stock now if you are looking for black.
                    Very tempting Paul.

Comment

Just bought one....they shoot very well. I shelved my Hoyt Vector 32 for the Energy 32.
                      Smooth draw and like mentioned previously, you will love the back wall. Holding weight for my 65 lb draw is a bit over 8 lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by jcb882 View Post
                        Just bought one....they shoot very well. I shelved my Hoyt Vector 32 for the Energy 32.
                        Smooth draw and like mentioned previously, you will love the back wall. Holding weight for my 65 lb draw is a bit over 8 lbs!
                        Yeah when the draw stops are maxed out, you literally almost have to push the arrow forward to make the bow shoot. Feels crazy but you could hold on a deer for a long time like that.

Comment

Your draw length will run about a 1/4" long with the stops all the way open. It will be dead on when set at 80% letoff. It will perform better all the way around closer to 80%. The "stops all the way open feel" is cool and will allow you to hold forever. Just keep in mind it is not the optimum place for the bow or your form.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                            Your draw length will run about a 1/4" long with the stops all the way open. It will be dead on when set at 80% letoff. It will perform better all the way around closer to 80%. The "stops all the way open feel" is cool and will allow you to hold forever. Just keep in mind it is not the optimum place for the bow or your form.
                            According to mapped out power stroke charts this depends on your DL. Shorter draws won't experience the inefficiency. Can't remember the break over but was looking at a tuner friends mapping results and it was pretty telling. Also the most efficiency over all is just under 80% at 29" DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkills View Post
                              According to mapped out power stroke charts this depends on your DL. Shorter draws won't experience the inefficiency. Can't remember the break over but was looking at a tuner friends mapping results and it was pretty telling. Also the most efficiency over all is just under 80% at 29" DL.

What's up Bear?? Long time.

I was more talking about the "funny" things the string likes to do when it is that relaxed and the form break downs that 90% letoff encourages.

The minimal speed gains are an after thought. Chasing 5 FPS is a giant waste to me.

And I do love being 29" and holding 16#ish. Always a good place to be on any bow it seems like.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                                What's up Bear?? Long time.

I was more talking about the "funny" things the string likes to do when it is that relaxed and the form break downs that 90% letoff encourages.

The minimal speed gains are an after thought. Chasing 5 FPS is a giant waste to me.

And I do love being 29" and holding 16#ish. Always a good place to be on any bow it seems like.
                                Yup agreed! And it's definitely been a while. You still over there on the other side of the metro?

Comment

Working...
                                X