No announcement yet.

Homemade Deer Attractants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy of mine mixes a home made blend/powder using calf manna as one of the main ingredients.

Deer seem to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnKirk View Post
      I know a guy up in Michigan that mixes 1 part ammonia, 3 parts Dr.Pepper. and 1/2 part Anise Oil. He claims it as the best doe in heat formula he has ever seen.
      thats only 4.5 parts, how many are in a whole

Comment

I dumped a 5 gallon bucket of acorns out at my feeder and they wont eat them??eat all the corn leave all the acorns??

Comment

drenalin junkie has a recipe for deer crack, but I can't remember exactly what is in it....brown sugar, kool aid and bran fiber i think

Comment

Vanilla extract and water mixed half and half. Also anise is supposed to be good too.

Comment

Does the vanilla extract and water work good i would like to try that

Comment

I haven't tried it, but I heard that the peanut butter thing works good.

Comment

I have to

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanw94 View Post
                    I use it as curiosity scent. I'll spray a little where I want a deer to stop for a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                      Buddy of mine mixes a home made blend/powder using calf manna as one of the main ingredients.

Deer seem to like it.
                      Not all deer!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
                        Vanilla extract and water mixed half and half. Also anise is supposed to be good too.
                        Big X2 here,i use the vanilla with good results.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanw94 View Post
                          Yes

Comment

anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by rbwilkes View Post
                              I dumped a 5 gallon bucket of acorns out at my feeder and they wont eat them??eat all the corn leave all the acorns??
                              not all acorns are the same. For example white oak have sweet acorns and red oak are bitter. I think they will eat them all but prefer the sweeter.

Comment

I have used the apples in the past with great results. Just cut them up into pieces to get the aroma going..

Comment

Working...
                                X