No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^ Hey Dez, make sure you cook that chicken in olive, avocado, or coconut oil^^^^
    I would also add some oil to your salad. Good luck on your journey to a new life style. Your going to be amazed at how much energy you have and how well your cognitive function is going to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
      ^^^^ Hey Dez, make sure you cook that chicken in olive, avocado, or coconut oil^^^^
      I would also add some oil to your salad. Good luck on your journey to a new life style. Your going to be amazed at how much energy you have and how well your cognitive function is going to improve.
      Thanks so much - and I hope so! Especially the cognitive function - I feel like a ding-bat most days.

Comment

I got tot chime in on this post. I do a variation of this diet. First I have lost 215 pounds in the last 19 months!! I eat about 100 grams of protein daily with about 6 servings of fruits and veggies. I eat about 6 times daily three meals and three snacks. I usually drink a gallon or more of water of water. I walk as much as i can and do light weigh training. Not quite the keto diet but my variation of the diet and it works really.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
          I got tot chime in on this post. I do a variation of this diet. First I have lost 215 pounds in the last 19 months!! I eat about 100 grams of protein daily with about 6 servings of fruits and veggies. I eat about 6 times daily three meals and three snacks. I usually drink a gallon or more of water of water. I walk as much as i can and do light weigh training. Not quite the keto diet but my variation of the diet and it works really.
          WOW! Any way you slice it, that's impressive! Congratulations on the success!
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

thanks

Comment

Anybody used a meal replacement powder/ Sometimes I'm busy or don't have a good option for breakfast or lunch.

I've been using the primal kitchen meal replacement powder.....just seeing if there is any other keto friendly options.

I don't test my ketosis very ofter, so not sure if it's throwing me out.

Comment

Dupe.....strange....
                Last edited by Traildust; 06-21-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Anybody used a meal replacement powder/ Sometimes I'm busy or don't have a good option for breakfast or lunch.

I've been using the primal kitchen meal replacement powder.....just seeing if there is any other keto friendly options.

I don't test my ketosis very ofter, so not sure if it's throwing me out.
                  No sir and I’m not sure of any that are Keto friendly. At least the ones I’m aware of.

Comment

Down 5lbs week one!!

Here is my trip snack list for our 10 days in CO... it's pretty short:

Quest bars
                    single almond butter packets
                    jerky

If you have any ideas, let me know. Snacks must be non refrigerated, ready to eat, and no mess.

Comment

Last edited by Bruiser; 06-25-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

What is your carb macro you are trying to stay under per day?

Comment

Macadamia nuts and Almonds. Keep an eye on your Quest Bar calories and keep up the good work!!
                          Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
                          Down 5lbs week one!!

Here is my trip snack list for our 10 days in CO... it's pretty short:

Quest bars
                          single almond butter packets
                          jerky

If you have any ideas, let me know. Snacks must be non refrigerated, ready to eat, and no mess.

Comment

I wouldnt eat the quest bars but thats me

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                              What is your carb macro you are trying to stay under per day?
                              My calculated macros say to stay under 20 net carbs, but I've been more like 10 or less. I don't really watch my calories. When I hit my macros, my calories are right at 1400 each day and so I figure that must be a good number. I don't know what else to do to get the fat in besides just waiting to get to a place with food. We will be off road for 10 days, starting at 4 corners and ending in Wyoming. So... food won't always be readily available. This is where the quest bars come in, even though its not high in fat, it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
                                My calculated macros say to stay under 20 net carbs, but I've been more like 10 or less. I don't really watch my calories. When I hit my macros, my calories are right at 1400 each day and so I figure that must be a good number. I don't know what else to do to get the fat in besides just waiting to get to a place with food. We will be off road for 10 days, starting at 4 corners and ending in Wyoming. So... food won't always be readily available. This is where the quest bars come in, even though its not high in fat, it helps.

I’ve been told and heard that it’s not good to go that far under your calories and if you do you should still take in a couple of fat bombs to just up your fat numbers. Not sure how much truth there is to that but I’ve stuck by it and I’m still consistently losing lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X